triple pole fan isolator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i`m installing a shower fan and light ventilation kit ,the instructions say i have to site a triple pole isolator outside of the bathroom ,my question is are there any other alternatives (ie)switches that can be sited in the bathroom,any advice appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
You may site it inside the bathroom in zone 3 or outside of zones

A.

P.S. I trust you are familiar with the latest requirements of the building regs regarding notification of electrical work in respect to what you want to do?

The 3-P switch is to isolate it for maintenance, it will normally be switched on using the pull-cord lightswitch.

It is perfectly convenient to put the isolator above the bathroom door (outside) where it will not be mistaken for a light switch or interfered with, but will be visible and recognisable by people changing the fan.

Sponsored Links
You can fit a 3 pole fan isolator pull switch inside the bathroom provided it is sited in zone 2 or beyond*.

*It is allowed to fit the switch in zone 1 but is not generally accepted as good practice.

RF Lighting said:
You can fit a 3 pole fan isolator pull switch inside the bathroom provided it is sited in zone 2 or beyond*.
Zone 3 or beyond. (Have a look at 601-08-01)

*It is allowed to fit the switch in zone 1 but is not generally accepted as good practice.

No. See the same regulation. (Maybe you are thinking of insulated pullcords hanging down into Z1?)

:oops:

I was looking at the NICEIC newsletter and completely mis read it. It does say switches in zone 3 or beyond, and pull cords in zone 1 or 2 (Not pull switches)

I thought Zone 1 didn't sound right

<off to the naughty step now>

triplepolepullcord.jpg

there doesn't appear to be a name written on that isolator...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back