Truss Roof/Concrete blocks in gable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a building under construction.

At this point the walls are up. The roof trusses have been installed.

I have been told that the gable section (concrete blocks/bricks), must be completed before installing roof tiles/insulation.

Due to unsettled weather, I would like to know if roofing can be done first, followed by concrete blocks in the gables.

Thank you for any advice

Sponsored Links
The gable wall will need restraint straps building in as well as gable ladder noggins if you’re having a barge board.
Neither of which means you can’t felt and batten/tile it, just makes the gable brickwork a bit more of a faff. Lots of loft coversion/hip to gable jobbies done that way

How would you expect to do the cut up or build in the gable ladder afterwards?

You could potentially fit the membrane and battens, and hope nothing blows away, but you wont be on the bricklayer's Christmas card list that's for sure.

Sponsored Links
How would you expect to do the cut up or build in the gable ladder afterwards?

You could potentially fit the membrane and battens, and hope nothing blows away, but you wont be on the bricklayer's Christmas card list that's for sure.

agree, always lots of hip to gable conversions round here and often see the gable wall going up after roof covering, with the ladder already in place, looks a right faff, never seen it done with a cut verge tho

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back