Trust

Sponsored Links
Look at it another way

He's given you the card and his PIN.

You've had the opportunity to read the security code off the back.

Let's suppose someone uses his card details to order stuff for delivery in Nigeria, or to pay a bar-bill in a lap-dancing club.

Who will be a suspect?

It won't help if you have an alibi, because you could have sold the details to someone else.

This is exactly the same as people who leave sacks of money and valuables around their house when the cleaning lady or builder are in. house. Many cleaners and builders are extremely offended and object because they are likely to be suspected if anything goes missing.

He will not get compensation from his insurance or credit-card company because he has been stupidly careless.

I recommend that you tell him to change his PIN and that you accept no responsibility for misuse of his card.

The man's a dolt.

Good advice John, that's exactly what I did this morning.

Fingers crossed, there won't be a problem, and that will the end of the matter.

Lesson learned!!

He was testing your integrity that's all.

Us well-to-do folks do it all the time. :rolleyes:

When i was working in The Smoke many years back, we visited a local pub regularly. One day the landlord gave me change for a twenty when i'd only given a ten. I coffed the mistake and gave the money back.

The chirpy cockneys drinking with me thought i was bonkers. The landlord was obviously impressed. I never had to wait to be served ever again. Even let me use the spare room once or twice....:cool:

Sponsored Links
It's a shame this thread even had to start but that just shows the society we live in i guess.
I'm only 39...ish, but i wonder if the customer deliberately gave the card and pin to kidgreen because he WANTED to believe he could trust someone and that not everyone is a criminal, and that there is still an element of common decency in our society.
Maybe to help restore his faith somewhat in his fellow man, i dunno.
But i must admit i would like to feel that way. I'm quite trusting of most people, not to the extent of handing over my card and pin but to an extent i guess where it could backfire on me.
But i'll be dammned if i'll tar everyone with the same brush of mistrust that others do.
Sometimes, just being given the benefit of doubt and allowed that trust makes you feel a bigger and better person than before. I think it also pays dividends when doing whatever you've been trusted to do, in that you'd possibly do an even better job.

Thats certainly the way i feel anyway.

After you gained their trust theyd never question you overcharging them for the job :LOL:

Back