Trust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now here's a first.

Just been to look at a job for a customer, and said I will get the bits for him from Plumbfix, so far, so good.

Customer says, "While your there, will you get me XYZ, because I like their stuff, and it's reasonably priced".

So he's given me not only his bank card, but his pin aswell!!!

Good job I'm honest :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The man's a berk.

I appreciate you may well be an honest person, but he just gave his card and pin number to a total stranger :confused:

Then again he did have your details too - you're doing work for him . . .

Steve,

Yes I agree the fella's a berk, but he's not the usual sort,
He's a retired, intelligent businessman, who should know better.

Maybe age is getting the better of him?

worst thing that ever happened, chip and pin..

no need to forge a signature, just shoulder surf to get the number, and then nick the card..

yes I know that by doing that you could still nick cash out of a cash machine, but that limited the loss to £300...
now with the chip and pin they can have the cash, do the weekly grocery shop, buy a couple hundred quids worth of dvd's, cd's and console games, not to mention a new LCD tv and console to play them on..
if they get it at the right place then they can be stocked up to the gills and on the way home before you even realise that the card is gone..

and lets be honest, how much really does it speed things up?

Sponsored Links
Guess you will be changing location Staffordshire to Thailand from now on then?? :LOL:

then your just as stupid if you use it.
he reports it and your up for using his card without consent.

who's the fool then.

Calm down Seco, it's only a forum!

Now, having had an hour or so to unwind,(Corrie, go for it Kev!)
Evening meal, (Sunday lunch leftovers, fantastic)
watered hanging baskets (7) which look magnificent (might post a piccy if nobody minds)

I@ve given some thought to bank card problem.

The problem occurred because at the the time, my phone was ringing. I had things on my mind, and Mrs customer was intent on telling all about her bad back etc etc .
Thinking about it now, I shouldn't have put myself in that position, but still, at least I'm busy, and it's comforting to know there's still some old fashioned trust out there.

Seco; please don't call me a fool until you know better.

worst thing that ever happened, chip and pin..

no need to forge a signature, just shoulder surf to get the number, and then nick the card..

yes I know that by doing that you could still nick cash out of a cash machine, but that limited the loss to £300...
now with the chip and pin they can have the cash, do the weekly grocery shop, buy a couple hundred quids worth of dvd's, cd's and console games, not to mention a new LCD tv and console to play them on..
if they get it at the right place then they can be stocked up to the gills and on the way home before you even realise that the card is gone..

and lets be honest, how much really does it speed things up?

Not with my account you can't. Limited to £300 :LOL: Limited to nowt!

Now here's a first.

Just been to look at a job for a customer, and said I will get the bits for him from Plumbfix, so far, so good.

Customer says, "While your there, will you get me XYZ, because I like their stuff, and it's reasonably priced".

Good job I'm honest :rolleyes:

He knows you have had is card from 1 till two? can't see the problem?

Sponsored Links
Back