TV electrician

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was watching one of the many diy home renovation programs last night, It was Dominique Diamonds house. It showed you the electrician joining two T+E cables together with terminal strip and then wrapping insulation tape around the joint and stuffing it under the floor boards. Not being an electrician myself, but I would have thought that this was not up to the required spec for a qualified spark :eek:
any thoughts :?:

Sponsored Links
Very much not regulation. All conncetions must be mechanically sound and protected. If they insist upon using a connector block it should be enclosed in a chocbloc which incorporated cord grips.
Report him to his governing body.

I used to know a plumber who lost the top of his finger when by accident he found one of them under a floor. Over the years the tape had fallen off and he was laying on the floor with his arm under the floor boards trying to find a pipe route. His finger got lodged between the L-N cables that were exposed. He was in hospital for weeks with burns, effects of the shock etc. It burnt the top of his finger so badly it had to be removed.

I whole heartily agree with Qedelec

Sponsored Links
mmm a well fitted terminal block shouldn't have any exposed bare wire.

ofc the kind of person who would use a terminal block without an enclosure for mains is probablly the kind of person who wouldn't do a very good job of doing so either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back