Twin and Earth

Sponsored Links
I wonder what effect the cryogenic ( freezing ) process will have had on the insulation properties of the plastics used.

If the new and ( NOT ) improved terminals have been made out of copper then they will not be as mechanically strong as the brass originally used leading to failure of the termination as the soft copper screw threads deform over time.

At least the price will prevent most people buying them.

Sponsored Links
That socket's no good anyway, everybody knows that you're supposed to use round pin plugs and sockets on your hifi, so that the electrons can't hide in the corners! :p

I actually had a customer tell me this once, I don't know how I kept a straight face!

Russ even gives instruction how to install a HiFi ring main. See the link on that page that Spark 123 mentioned.[/quote]

That cable is cheap at £9/m, try this: clicky

If that cable is such pure copper, why, if it's the equivelant of 6.5mm sq cable, is the current rating less than 4mm and barely more than 2.5mm?

You could put some 25mm in for that price

(I'm aware it's a farce)

Yes, but he can only con people who want to be conned. And it's a form of wealth re-distribution. Nobody pays that sort of money for cable and accessories if they can barely afford it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back