twitter, google +1, share, facebook

H

holmslaw

What are these icons all about twitter, google +1, share, facebook. :confused:

In fact what are those sites all about?

Sponsored Links
What are these icons all about twitter, google +1, share, facebook. :confused:

In fact what are those sites all about?

I presume that your post woud be added to whatever site you subscribe to, and the post transferred to there also? But seems like privacy is lost..I talk technical here, most of my friends on FB would not understand, and why follow a comment of twitter? Bad move by the site, and not referred to the users/customers, before adding something they don't agree with.

Unhelpful and Illogical addtion.

Face who?

Not one who indulges in such "social" sites, I wonder...is it considered "sad" to have a FB account these days, or not to?

Sponsored Links
Well as a sprightly 47 yr old, and finally been convinced to join FB. I have to say it is a bit of fun. Having moved recently into an old area I once used to "knock about" in, it has been invaluable in meeting up with some lost acquaintances. and helped renew some friendships.
A good thing to remember is to take off those rose tinted specs, as some you may remember may not want to remember you and visa-versa .

Well as a sprightly 47 yr old, and finally been convinced to join FB. I have to say it is a bit of fun. Having moved recently into an old area I once used to "knock about" in, it has been invaluable in meeting up with some lost acquaintances. and helped renew some friendships.
A good thing to remember is to take off those rose tinted specs, as some you may remember may not want to remember you and visa-versa .

Social networking sites can work. I use facebook as it generates me business. If I didn't need business, I would not use it as much as I do. I use my persoanal account to keep in touch with family abroad. Only an idiot would dismiss it, without looking into it.

For example, I was doing paperwork this morning, when a contact messaged me about a leaking pump valve in one of his rented properties. Well, thats 90 notes I have now, that I didn't have this morning.

Just an example.

For example, I was doing paperwork this morning, when a contact messaged me about a leaking pump valve in one of his rented properties. Well, thats 90 notes I have now, that I didn't have this morning.

So I don't suppose your customers would think of phoning you instead?

Likewise if you were not at the computer then you would have missed out?

Why would anyone want to FB someone for an urgent repair such as this, instead of picking up the phone.

So if I tell someone on here how to fix their 2 way lighting is there a presumption that I also want to tell the rest of the world. :confused:

I can understand people using these social network sites for keeping in touch with friends and relatives who live miles away. But fail to see any other use for them, I'm not really interested in what my mate had for his breakfast or the views of some so called celebrity.

Am I missing something?

I'm over 50 and I use Facebook- you can use it as much or as little as you like, just set your preferences to reflect what you want to use it for.

So I don't suppose your customers would think of phoning you instead?

No, in this day and age a lot use computers - I'll explain why in a minute.

Likewise if you were not at the computer then you would have missed out?

Hardly? I was not at a computer when the message came through. :rolleyes: I was at a park. I cannot be bothered to explain, but I don't need a computer to be able to pick up messages, be it text, voice, e-mail or facebook ones. :rolleyes:

Why would anyone want to FB someone for an urgent repair such as this, instead of picking up the phone.

It's a way of contacting someone invasively. I would never pick up the phone to my mechanic if my van broke down on a bank holiday, but I'd think nothing of sending a message so he can read / respond at his leisure. How was a leaking pump valve an 'urgent repair' all of a sudden?

Hopefully that explains it.

Jarvis, as to how to make money from Facebook? I had to learn. :rolleyes: I'm not about to tell anyone how to do it on a public forum. Work it out - if you dare use it. :rolleyes:

It's a way of contacting someone invasively.:

Oh I see.

So its like, people will send messages via FB on the assumption that the other person will pick them up in a timely manner more so that they would answer a phone call with the mobile phone which is normally with them all the time?

And we don't have to be sitting in front of a computer, as we can pick up FB messages on our phones ... in exactly the same way that we can pick up ...... errr phone calls?

And rather than disturb someone on a Bank Holiday with a phone call, we can FB them instead and expect them to receive and read the message .... which seem awfully similar to disturbing them.
And if we just want them to respond at their leisure as it is a Bank Holiday and they may be off work, is that not just the same as phoning them on the Tuesday instead?

All depends if you work/cover weekends.
And if you give out your contact details anyway!

I have all mail, FB and messenger on my phone.
Some prefer certain media.

That's right, but MD was seemingly making the proposition that FB was useful for drumming up business, in the context of the thread context of "what is the point of FB etc"

But the point I am making is that someone will just use the phone like they have done since 1922, and there is no point and no advantage in FB etc

That person FBing someone for a job will just phone them instead

Sponsored Links
Back