Two Immersion Heater Elements on One Circuit?

Ive only ever seen one dual (bath/sink type) element without a casing, whether the construction was typical or not I have no idea. It was two elements and one stat (at the top portion). Imagine one element to be X length and tge other element to be 3X length. The long element then bent upwards for the bottom X of length, therefore assuming that both heaters were uniform heating effect effect throughout their own lengths of element then the long bent element would probably be contributing 2/3 of its heating effect on the bottom half of its total length.

I dont know if that one observation contributes to any particular aspect of any explanation of anyones theories or not..
And yes, the elements i have noticed that construct as one single unit were top down in the cylinder. Of course i have also seen cylinders where the the dual heating effect has been produced by two separate elements located at different heights down the cylinders and the bottom element, at least, is mounted horizontally.
I assumed that each element of those types had their own individual stat.

We might get further info from our friends in the plumbing section of this forum.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back