Two meters down to one

I think the feeling may be that the consequences could be more dangerous (not just an MCB tripping) should something go wrong or a mistake be made.
The explanation being offered for it 'not being a DIY job' was that a poor/loose connection could lead to fire. That's obviously true, but probably not much more so with meter tails than with, say, a shower isolator (and overheating of the former would probably be detected much earlier, probably before a fire started, in many/most houses).

About the only possible 'mistake' I can think of (other than not tightening the screws enough) is incorrect polarity, which is pretty basic. It would be nice to think that anyone reconnecting meter tails would undertake polarity checks afterwards 'just to be sure', but I have to say that I've never noticed a 'meter changer' do that! (maybe I haven't been paying enough attention)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back