Two Pin Electric Cables...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

As always, thanks for even taking the time to read this. I am grateful.

As a lot of people, under my TV I have a sky box, DVD player and also a small stereo. Three plugs, three cables... more mess. I was wondering two things. Does anyone know where I can buy a plug which has 2 or 3 or 4 of the two pin cables coming out of it meaning that I would only use one socket under my TV. Or, if I can't buy something like that.... is it safe to make it myself (with it properly wired). All the appliances are low draw.. no hoovers or anything like that.

this is the sort of cable I am talking about.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41IBttQoxyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Micro-Mark may still supply their Multi-Connector

MultiConnector.jpg

( picture from http://www.fam-oud.nl/~plugsocket/British1.html )

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The snag with those is the four leads are hardwired and without a screw driver cannot be individually isolated.

If you need to unplug one item for any length of time while the other three are still powered you have a lead with a cable end socket that has a live and un-protected socket. Un-protected in that a metal object can be poked into the live socket or an inquistive and un-supervised child could put the live cable end socket into his mouth.

The snag with those is the four leads are hardwired and without a screw driver cannot be individually isolated.

If you need to unplug one item for any length of time while the other three are still powered you have a lead with a cable end socket that has a live and un-protected socket. Un-protected in that a metal object can be poked into the live socket or an inquistive and un-supervised child could put the live cable end socket into his mouth.

Or you do as I did and cut the flex leaving a short end sticking out of the plug whilst continuing to supply all the other things. ;-(

(WHICH IS VERY NAUGHTY, DO NOT DO IT)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back