UK Austerity

Sponsored Links
Forget it. No-one will vote for a one-trick pony. Never have - never will.

Sponsored Links
The swinging voter will vote labour back in. The promise of a party is just too much to bear.

Thatcher set the seeds of long term economic destruction of this country.

How?

The tories destroyed what was no longer working, many people blame them for not doing something to replace those broken industries.

I don't understand this, the government never created those industries in the first instance, why should they be responsible for replacing them?

I am not a tory voter, like labour they want to ban this, control that, and subsidise this. But at least they know that a budget has to be balanced, labour are not capable of making the tough choices necessary to balance the budgets.

... and talking of monkeys, Teflon Tony was and is as false as a cartload of them.

Those of us who were adults in the 1970s could see the country rapidly going down the pan. We were 'the sick man of Europe' going begging for loans to the IMF. Mrs Thatcher put that right, she sorted out the Wilson/Callaghan mistakes, and now the Blair/Brown mistakes are being sorted out.

How?

The tories destroyed what was no longer working, many people blame them for not doing something to replace those broken industries.

I don't understand this, the government never created those industries in the first instance, why should they be responsible for replacing them?

I am not a tory voter, like labour they want to ban this, control that, and subsidise this. But at least they know that a budget has to be balanced, labour are not capable of making the tough choices necessary to balance the budgets.

FFS, you don't amputate a broken leg and replace it with nothing, well.. you can but you're left with a cripple.

I may have related this tale before, but in the mid - late 60's my father worked at Stanton and Staveley ironworks. In the machine shop he worked in there were about 6 -10 people per shift.
Shortly after the steel industry was nationalised, there were 3 x as many people, but production remained the same.
A no brainer as to what happened to Stanton and Staveley. ;) ;)

They went into making concrete pipes. I think they still do.

... and talking of monkeys, Teflon Tony was and is as false as a cartload of them.

Those of us who were adults in the 1970s could see the country rapidly going down the pan. We were 'the sick man of Europe' going begging for loans to the IMF. Mrs Thatcher put that right, she sorted out the Wilson/Callaghan mistakes, and now the Blair/Brown mistakes are being sorted out.

yeah right much like curing a downer with another shot of cocaine. Sell off all the industry, privatise everything, use all north sea oil revenues to pay to keep people on benefits, leave the whole stinking mess for someone else to clear up... thanks thatch!!

How?

FFS, you don't amputate a broken leg and replace it with nothing, well.. you can but you're left with a cripple.

The surgeon amputates the leg, but he doesn't replace it, a prosthetic is supplied by someone else.

Bad analogy.

And read the bolded part.

If europe goes into melt down tories or labour wont be able to sort it out if the banks dont exist well have to sort ourselves out could we do any worse

Sponsored Links
Back