Uk Growth rate fastest it's ever been - beating the EU

Sponsored Links
I don’t really care what guardian readers think.

Nobody is seriously treating the U.K. as some renegade state where the rule of international law is frequently ignored and contracts cannot be enforced .

I refer to the reputation held by people in EU28.

Few of them read the Guardian

You don't mind UK creating a reputation as untrustworthy, as well as stupid?
The West has lost momentum and a lot of damage is being done during these "changes".
There will be many losers, but the UK has deep roots and a privileged position, it is likely to survive.
But even if the UK comes out well, the world culture is declining, becoming dull and superficial.

Sponsored Links

They don’t. And neither do the rest of the world. It’s all in your head.

Sure there will be politicians making noises. But serious business people are getting on with doing business with the U.K. and trusting us as a nation.

Shouldn't you be outside applauding the NHS for their 7.2 million (and rapidly rising) waiting list.

NursesPay.jpg

I don’t really care what guardian readers think.

Nobody is seriously treating the U.K. as some renegade state where the rule of international law is frequently ignored and contracts cannot be enforced .

Ahh appeal to the lowest common denominator, you're not even scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

The UK is fast becoming a joke because of Brexit, shooting yourself in the foot and then wondering why you entered a marathon.

From the article...

"Europe doesn’t care partly because Britain has always been seen as a difficult member of the EU. A country always trying to block decisions, to contribute as little as possible. A country never sure about what it wanted, always one foot in and one foot out. Today, Britain stands with its two feet outside. So be it, is the main feeling in Europe. Furthermore, its departure has not brought the EU’s collapse. Actually, some things have even been easier, like the European recovery plan post-Covid, which would probably never have been adopted with Britain still a member...[my] German parents-in-law have this year decided not to send to the UK the traditional parcels we have received for every single one of our birthdays over the last 25 years. It is too expensive for them. And I have still not seen one single tangible improvement thanks to Brexit."

"For the European eye, Brexit still looks like a huge gamble, a funny mixture of relentless anti-EU propaganda and a largely unrelated desire for better public services, better transports, more accessible homes and anything else that can improve your quality of life. In 2019, British voters gave Boris Johnson a significant majority to deliver Brexit and with it to deliver that better life."

The theatricality of these last five years, the staged drama of the negotiations made for good reading and quite a few bursts of cynical laughter, but it left a bitter aftertaste. Trust is gone. Enthusiasm is gone. Envy is gone. And interest is gone too. Britain doesn’t make Europe dream anymore.

It seems Britain is now 'the Sad Old Man of Europe.'

Sponsored Links
Back