UK- India trade deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I wasn’t talking to you. Have you appointed yourself as Noseys spokesman? Keep your scoundrel nose out of it.

Sponsored Links
Again, I wasn’t talking to you. Have you appointed yourself as Noseys spokesman? Keep your scoundrel nose out of it.
The answers to your questions were so obvious, even I could answer them, despite not being the origin of the comment.
Are you getting a bit shirty because you've been exposed?
You can choose to ignore me if you wish to avoid answering me.

Sponsored Links
"The prime minister has announced new trade and investment deals with India worth £1bn".

Sounds like a deal to me.

"New trade and investment deals" is not a trade in any sense.

I've just ordered some brushes from China.....sounds like a deal to me :D

A bad deal Notch!! They’ll shed hairs like a shaggy dog.

Other sources report it differently...

"Brexit: EU steals march in race for India trade deal as Johnson announces ‘enhanced partnership’
Brussels and Delhi tipped to open talks on free trade agreement within days – while UK admits ‘shared intent to begin work’ only"

"Brussels hailed “clear momentum”, with talks on a free trade agreement to be confirmed as early as Saturday, threatening to put the UK in the slow lane in the race for negotiations.
The prime minister pledged that 6,500 jobs would be created in the UK through trade and investment deals with India, centred on health, technology and vaccine development."

"But the “enhanced partnership” seems certain to be trumped by talks on a fully fledged trade deal between the EU and India, to be confirmed within days."

Pretty obvious for India really...

Do a free trade deal with the biggest trading bloc in the world and throw the crumbs to a country on it's way down...

Plus there is the odd bit of colonial era memories to get payback for!

The EU have agreed to resume trade talks with India that stalled in 2013. We were due to visit India some weeks back to commence talks on an FTA but obviously cancelled due to their covid situation.
If the EU agree a deal before us it will be nothing short of a miracle given their track record.

I just can't believe how ignorant some of the RWR actually are. Astonishing.

Perhaps they're just pretending.

I happen to know at least one of them is a Guardian-reading lefty.

If the EU agree a deal before us it will be nothing short of a miracle given their track record

Why do you say that?

The UK has only negotiated one free trade agreement....and we only managed to massively increase trade barriers with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back