UK inflation worsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Someone has taken a breather before they continue punching you in the face - is that a good thing?

Woof woofÿ
Woof woof
It's a good step, but it's a long way from getting too excited.

I'd wait for a few more steps before I thought it was longer term success.

But if you want to cheer for only losing £10 and not £15, feel free. I won't yet
But if you lost £15 then found £10 knowing there's plenty of time to fined another £5 (and more) then the glass is half full and the bottle is still pouring.

Sponsored Links
No. Its what the figures say.

Inflation is still 4 times higher than target.
For 1 month it just slowed its acceleration, it didn't go backwards
If you was a betting man youd say it was odds on to go down. Your obviously not a betting man and go for the tried and trusted.

On the face of it, it is good news that it's down (or not rising as fast as it was doing), step in the right direction I suppose and nice to get a break from the diet of bad news.

Looking at the official figures though, it seems the prices of many goods and services have either stagnated or actually risen -- food is still rising at 17.4% month-on-month. Although the overall figures are slightly down, it don't look good underneath!

Still totally convinced that when my mortgage deal expires we're going to be another married couple with good jobs living with next-to-nothing left over each month.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 23
Woof woof

But if you lost £15 then found £10 knowing there's plenty of time to fined another £5 (and more) then the glass is half full and the bottle is still pouring.

It doesn't work like that.
Your lost fiver is gone.

You might get another fiver to replace it and, after that, some more fivers to make you feel better off.
You'd have, in all likelihood though, got those extra fivers in good time anyway. And kept your first fiver to boot.

So you're overall worse off, because that first fiver (that you didn't need to lose) is lost to you forever.

Still totally convinced that when my mortgage deal expires we're going to be another married couple with good jobs living with next-to-nothing left over each month.
That’s often the case when you are buying your own home. Well, it was in my day. One of the sacrifices you have to make. If it was easy and painless, everyone would be doing it.

It doesn't work like that.
Your lost fiver is gone.

You might get another fiver to replace it and, after that, some more fivers to make you feel better off.
You'd have, in all likelihood though, got those extra fivers in good time anyway. And kept your first fiver to boot.

So you're overall worse off, because that first fiver (that you didn't need to lose) is lost to you forever.

They quote CPI inflation which does not take into account house prices like RPI.

RPI is

you mean those house prices that are also falling can see you never thought that through

I really don't know what point you are trying to make but it looks like another self own from you.

Go on explain yourself.

I really don't know what point you are trying to make but it looks like another self own from you.

Go on explain yourself.
well by saying it doesnt take into account house prices your insinuating that house prices are rising so the inflation figure would be higher when in fact house prices are dropping .

well by saying it doesnt take into account house prices your insinuating that house prices are rising so the inflation figure would be higher when in fact house prices are dropping .

RPI takes into housing costs - have mortgage rates increased? Have peoples monthly mortgages increased?

CPI doesnt take into account housing costs - now you can consider that fine but then is that the real picture of peoples finances?

You tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back