UK inflation worsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are making the cardinal error If the rate of inflation is falling it doesnt mean that prices are falling it just means that the speed to which prices are increasing is slowing down.

Sponsored Links
RPI takes into housing costs - have mortgage rates increased? Have peoples monthly mortgages increased?

CPI doesnt take into account housing costs - now you can consider that fine but then is that the real picture of peoples finances?

You tell me.
you said house prices not housing costs

You are making the cardinal error If the rate of inflation is falling it doesnt mean that prices are falling it just means that the speed to which prices are increasing is slowing down.
and your missing that it also includes actual falling prices petrol /diesel for example

It doesn't work like that.
Your lost fiver is gone.

You might get another fiver to replace it and, after that, some more fivers to make you feel better off.
You'd have, in all likelihood though, got those extra fivers in good time anyway. And kept your first fiver to boot.

So you're overall worse off, because that first fiver (that you didn't need to lose) is lost to you forever.
You and I have lost fivers left right and centre over the years.

We all have

Sponsored Links
you said house prices not housing costs

• Average house prices increased over the 12 months to £304,000 (4.1%) in England, £214,000 in Wales (4.8%), £185,000 in Scotland (3.0%) and £172,000 in Northern Ireland (5.0%).

And remember it was labour who decided that CPI was fairer than RPI

• Average house prices increased over the 12 months to £304,000 (4.1%) in England, £214,000 in Wales (4.8%), £185,000 in Scotland (3.0%) and £172,000 in Northern Ireland (5.0%).

How am I missing that? Thats in the basket of goods and services they use to determine it.
you said it is purely down to prices not going up as much which is wrong as some bits in the basket go up and some actually fall

Your link says house prices have fallen in the last two months but are still higher than they were a year ago.

The more you post the more it shows you keep making the same error on what is inflation and how its measured.

You really are owning yourself again and again.

so as i said house prices are now falling what bit of that are you struggling with

You compare the timeline - saying they are falling yet they are still hgher than a year ago.

you said it is purely down to prices not going up as much which is wrong as some bits in the basket go up and some actually fall

You look at the overall basket - lol you really are owning yourself again and again.

If your bread price falls by 20p but milk is up by 30p - has your costs gone up?

You really are self owning.

higher than same time last year really ?
Prices were 3.5% lower in June compared with a year earlier, the sharpest rate of decline since 2009 but a smaller annual drop than the 4% fall predicted by economists.

You look at the overall basket - lol you really are owning yourself again and again.

If your bread price falls by 20p but milk is up by 30p - has your costs gone up?

You really are self owning.
i see your struggling with starting prices and percentage increases and decreases a 30p rise could be less than a 20p decrease are you sure your not nosey as you keep digging big holes to fall into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back