UK PM Theresa May announces plan to call snap general election on 8 June

Interesting to note that labour are proposing to tax the rich on£70k at a higher rate. As most MPs earn £75K, that means that the rich are telling the poor how to live.

On another note, it seems that the SNP, Labour, the Liberals, and the Greens are going to work together to get Labour into power because Labour will allow the Scots to hold another referendum. Looks to me as though democracy and the UK has gone out of the door just so certain parties can get what they want.

Sponsored Links
Interesting to note that labour are proposing to tax the rich on£70k at a higher rate. As most MPs earn £75K, that means that the rich are telling the poor how to live.
It's amusing to see that Dogg considers people earning more than £70k to be "the poor."

They are most definately not poor. Not exactly mega rich either eh? On the spectrum of wealth, someone on 70k/year is not 'rich'. You might consider them comfortable, but rich, no.

Nozzle

Less than a million people in the UK earn that in a year.

Where do you think the "rich" slice of the population starts? The top 2% earners not rich enough for you? How about the top 1%?

Very strange that Dog claims £75k p.a. is rich and £70k p.a. is poor.

He cannot be serious.

Sponsored Links
Less than a million people in the UK earn that in a year.

Where do you think the "rich" slice of the population starts? The top 2% earners not rich enough for you? How about the top 1%?

Very strange that Dog claims £75k p.a. is rich and £70k p.a. is poor.

He cannot be serious.

he made no such claim . Read it again :idea:

So as people on less than £70k are not affected, who are "the poor" who are being told "how to live?"

I'm sorry that you misunderstood me John. Labour stands up for the working class (which I obviously mislabeled the poor), and they are on £75K a year. But Labour feel that anyone earning more than £70K is rich, and should be taxed more. So I wonder how the rich labour politicians can truely relate to the working class people that they espouse to want to help, and can understand and relate to.

On a more disturbing note, I'm begining to wonder if TM actually want to get back into power. She's considering removing the triple lock for pensioners, going after white van man to up the NI contributions (or something similar) looking to up VAT and Tax, and I suspect, a lot more besides.

Is this election a kamikazi mission, or is she going for broke; back me, and handle the necessary shyt that's needed to get us out of the shyt we're currently in.

So when she says the conservatives are a lower tax party, she means that they'll be lower than they would be if the the Labour or Liberals get in.

It's misleading to compare £70k a year with the entire population. £70k is only twice the average salary for 10+ years experience with qualifications. Most people won't reach that until they're in their 40s, of which there are about 17M people in the UK, so about 10% of them earn £70k+. You could get a £280k mortgage and thus buy a bedsit in London or a middle class house elsewhere. Hardly 'rich'.

Last edited:
Theresa has always made her position perfectly clear.

upload_2017-4-22_23-0-7.png

I'm sure TM would much rather the majority had voted to stay in the eu. But the people voted to leave.
Stuck between a rock and a hard place she has rose above it and shown the remoaners up for what they really are.
A bunch of cowards.
Its called democracy.
Something the embittered and treacherous remoaners don't seem to care about.

The multi millionaire mandleson told the eu chiefs to drive the knife into the UK during brexit negotiations. alistar Campbell is running around like a headless chicken, his buddy bliar is scheming as usual.
Theres a whole cabal out there that needs deporting to a far away pacific island and left to rot.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back