UK Policy of tackling covid through herd immunity

The UK is a democracy

No proof but I hear Matthew Elliott and Dominic Cummings were behind the herd immunity policy, which has now put the UK at risk of high nos of deaths.

I wouldnt call that democracy

Sponsored Links
I can see brig doesn't like this being said
there are quite a lot of people with an instinctive fear and hatred of foreigners. We see some on here.

This can be stoked up by nationalists like trump, farage, le pen and goebbels for their own benefit.

but will he try to deny it?

"Chinese disease" say such people.

using a global catastrophe to fire up their supporters.

Sponsored Links
China have the CV under control because their culture is different to ours. An authoritarian government can order a lock down and the locals dare not ignore it.
The UK is a democracy and no matter how urgent the need, a lock down will be more difficult to manage here as there will be those who will ignore the order and cry 'human rights '.
Spain has already had problems with holidaying Brits who have ignored the order to remain within their hotels. This has forced the Spanish to now close all hotels and told all holiday makers to go home by 27 Mar.

They UK can enforce self isolation and will if needed just as certain other areas in Europe have. How army, police even on horses if needed, especially on crowds. Boris might might even get his water cannons when and if this is all over. You see they need to reach the stage China now has - no fresh infections in their public so anyone going there is likely to find themselves quarantined.

Pundits of one sort of another have said we can't for the same reason. Essentially a stupid view of what they could do if they want to. We are hearing fringe reasons for not doing it. Lack of exercise is one. Loneliness is another - weird one that when people are isolating themselves for 3months or more in some cases. Exercise is easily answered, people can go out for walks on their own ;) If with wife and kids some countries may require proof is needed. The National Trust has switched to free to allow people to walk about.

I've been out today and yesterday. Many are out, rather crowded at some times of the day - getting food. Last coffee and cake for a while - the place was packed. Most countries public have for one reason or the other not really obeyed suggestions and there is no reason to suppose the UK will be any different.

Flue is different every year so when the jabs are available they have to guess what will be needed. Immunity against some things doesn't last long either.

Bulgarian splits - not bulgarian
Legionnaires’ disease - American not French

Syphilis was known as 'the Neapolitan disease' among the French and 'the French disease' among Italians. Russians called it 'the Polish disease' and the Polish called it 'the German disease'.

I haven't seen that formal declaration anywhere.
There must be a list somewhere, of all the people who have contracted CV, giving their whereabouts for the last few weeks, surely? Perhaps you don't have the clearance for such a list boyo.

Anyway, Cheltenham racegoers contracting CV runs into thousands.(y)

Anyway, Cheltenham racegoers contracting CV runs into thousands.(y)

I'll ask me mate who was there, with his missus, on the Friday. See how his health is, and goes.
He's still smarting over the £500 he was down though, so his immune system might be a bit depressed for a while......

No one seems to get upset calling something the Spanish Flu.
Can you attack someone for looking Spanish? Although the humorous stereotype may look like a woman in a flamenco dress or a bloke in a matador outfit or with a towel over his arm - the reality is that Spaniards dress much like any other European.

However, many Chinese or indeed anyone that looks oriental, are being attacked for looking Chinese. Thick as **** RWR hate brigade for ya.

No proof but I hear Matthew Elliott and Dominic Cummings were behind the herd immunity policy, which has now put the UK at risk of high nos of deaths.

UK’s chief scientific adviser defends ‘herd immunity’ strategy for coronavirus
Source.. the financial times.

Did you think the government would implement a strategy without consulting the experts?

Sponsored Links
Back