Ukraine counter offensive

I really don't buy the "Russia has run out of arms" line. So much worse if it has, they can use their bigger ones.
Not sure I do either. We don't here much about any Ukraine losses so must be none. We of course never hear any slanted propaganda either. sic

Western intelligence reckons they have things they could use other than nuke. I assume this was the US. General thoughts seem to be that they wont use nukes. Radiation contamination has it's problems and can finish up in all sorts of places due to the weather. It seems ER bombs can be pretty efficient in small sizes and I happen to know there was great interest in electromagnet pulses 20 odd years ago but have no idea why.

What they have and how much more of what we know about - pass. ;) It's why I only take notice of progress.

;) That aircraft. While out with my wife in the country near an airbase something vaguely similar suddenly appeared, no warning and at a very low level. We could see the pilot laughing as it made us jump. We were eating sandwiches for lunch

Sponsored Links
It seems ER bombs can be pretty efficient in small sizes and I happen to know there was great interest in electromagnet pulses 20 odd years ago but have no idea why.

The interest and concern about EMP raged from 40 years ago. The interest in it was that the pulse could instantly kill all modern electronics at a stroke, but without doing any collateral damage, apart from to the electronics. The only defence was heavy screening, or to use old fashioned thermionic valves. Much of the older Russian military made use of valves, for that very reason.

A link to an article viewing the war from a Russian perspective and offering analysis of the geopolitical and strategic thinking behind the current situation in Ukraine.

Sponsored Links
they can use their bigger ones
Funny you should say that. AlJ reported a BIG pit from a hit. Also hits in other places. She said air strikes then mentioned missiles.She was standing by the pit. Several houses totally demolished and blast damage over a much wider area. I though Russia had dropped a bomb when she mentioned air strikes.

Anyway annexation gets announced tomorrow. Changes -More destructive attacks? I wonder if anyone heard a fairly recent mention of Ukrainian civilian deaths? I'm not sure if I heard correctly. More destruction is likely to result in more of those. The above pit - 4 blown to bits. They can't find one.

I also suspect they haven't made as much use of thermobaric as they might. They have an updated grad type launcher just for those. Plus as usual older ones.

The other aspect is just how they use Iranian drones and what they have,

No I'm not supporting them but tbh I don't see that a Russian withdrawal from one area means all that much really. More is needed. That may take time. It might have problems.

:) I do think their early ideas on the fight were stupid as there is no way a settlement could have been reached. Things might have been a bit different if they just concentrated on areas they want however that would have freed up more Ukrainian troops but they could still have hit what ever they liked throughout all of Ukraine.

Sponsored Links
Back