Underfloor heating controller unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if somebody can help me set up my underfloor heating please on a house I have just bought- no manual supplied.

My control unit is "multi-zone control centre PPI-1050" manufactured by "United controls limited" who no longer exist. I cannot find a manual online.

If somebody could correct or confirm my understanding it would be much appreciated.

IMG_4576-2.jpg

The above photo is what is displayed after I press "set". I assume that this is the target temperature for water feeding in to the UFH.

IMG_4575-1.jpg

The above picture is the from the home screen, "C" is illuminated as it is on the cooling phase as the temperature is higher than the set point.

IMG_4577-3.jpg

The above picture is the screen that displays after I press "hys". I understand that this means that the temperature range is 2 degrees from the set temperature i.e. 43-45 degrees.

I cannot figure out how to change these values. Is there a way of doing this??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
At a guess I would say the key is to hold down set for a number of seconds and using u and down buttons accordingly . Then use set again to scroll.

But again, why change these parameters?

Sponsored Links
Hi Dan, thanks for your prompt reply. If I hold down the buttons for around 10 seconds I can then alter the settings, I was too impatient! I don't want to change any values at the moment, just getting to grips with the system.

I have underfloor heating downstairs (screed flooring) with radiators upstairs and a hot water tank. This is my manifold layout:
IMG_4588.JPG

The layout of this would make me think that there is no mixing of the hot water from the boiler with the cool water in the pipes. This gives me very high pipe temperatures initially which then settle down. There is a 3port valve on the system and no mixer. Is this setup used often and safe for screed flooring?!

that valve is possibly a mixer controlled by the panel you have.

Hope safe it is I don't know and wouldn't like to judge without seeing it personally.

That's a Drayton mo/mo valve. Which I'm pretty sure are discontinued now.

Not in this case.

Although it is possible the controller uses the stat on the lower rail to control the valve to give a similar effect.

It will be easy enough to rip the lot out (controls wise) and upgrade it if it is not working properly using that pump and manifold.

I suspect its offering no more control ability than a tmv blender.
Some blenders should offer more control with scald safe control built in.

I think they were used because the valve flow coefficient was high enough for the larger floor areas.

The only reference I can get for the valve is here..
http://tiny.cc/cgk7ey

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back