Underground water and CH pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having a detached garage built and I want to run a cold water pipe and CH feed and Return to the garage through an underground trench.
The trench is around 4m long between the house and garage. I have dug down around 3 to 4 foot deep and plan to run the pipes inside some brown soil pipe.

Can you recommend the best pipe to use and if any pipes are on the market that come pre insulated?
Can you also recommend what insulation to use inside the soil pipe (around the pipes and what to use outside the soil pipe.

At each end the pipe enters the garage and house from under the floor - at no point will the pipes come above ground externally.

Sponsored Links
I would use 15mm Hep2o barrier pipe with 15x25mm foam insulation.

I have tried to route the pipes today down inside the house and then out to the brown soil pipe in the channel I have dug.
I have hit a problem that I have about 8" of concrete to go through.

What is the best method if I take the pipes out at floor level and then drop them down to the pipe in the channle outside.

I am using three 15mm speedfit pipes I am using foam pipe insulation all through the brown soil pipe.

Should I take the pipes out through the wall and then go into the brown pipe - How should I| terminate the brown pipe to the house wall?

Sponsored Links
Is it a concrete floor you need to go through, or concrete footings?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back