University For All ??

What profession is that? And why does it prove that someone who gets a poor 2:1 and a Masters is better than someone who got a First?

Sponsored Links
What profession is that? And why does it prove that someone who gets a poor 2:1 and a Masters is better than someone who got a First?

Where, in all of this, has anyone said the above, besides you Joe?

You said they need a masters didn't you? Yet the brightest in the bunch will have got a first.

joe-90";p="1791668 said:
And why does it prove quote]

I didn't say it proved anything. What I did say was that there were easy courses around today which awarded a BSc - for instance a BSc in "Sport and Exercise". I also said that employers were becoming aware of dumbed down degrees so they expect higher attainments from their candidates.

Sponsored Links
Exactly why should the tax payer contribute anything to some of these university courses , dancing . media studys & some of the other nonsense ! pay it themselves or get a job

Any way without thick people society would be worst off !

You said they need a masters didn't you? Yet the brightest in the bunch will have got a first.

That's right! Most of those that go on to do a Masters degree will already have got a first. Many will also have been working for a year or two and then they have to finance the Masters course themselves - or get an employer to sponsor them.

You don't need a first to get a masters and if you are going for a Phd then a Masters is a waste of time as you get no extra credits for it.

Sometimes, just sometimes, it's worth having a quick read of what you're about to post!

Who else would buy the sun or the daily star ? ( job creation ) who would stand in the rain for hours to glimpse the pope ?

Who contribute to the up keep of various religious institutions ?

No without thick people , jobs would be lost , the economy would be worst off , there is even an industry out there that alledgedly are in contact with the dead , they pass on messages to the bereaved , TV proggrames dedicated to it . No thick people are needed !!

Exactly why should the tax payer contribute anything to some of these university courses , dancing . media studys & some of the other nonsense ! pay it themselves or get a job

TV proggrames dedicated to it . No thick people are needed !!

There are 3 spelling mistakes and 'No thick people are needed!!' means we don't want any. I support your opinion but it could have been put more eloquently so as not to offend the poorer tax payers amongst us who are paying for some rich persons sprog to get put through Uni.. But may be not any more.

I see what you mean ?? good point well made ! I will have to be more careful other wise some might think I am thick :) ???

Do not mind funding any uni place through tax ect , it just depends on what is being studied ??

I see what you mean ?? good point well made ! I will have to be more careful other wise some might think I am thick :) ???

Do not mind funding any uni place through tax ect , it just depends on what is being studied ??

Spelling....you've done it again!! Not ??

When I see a well manicured literary content I have to laugh when it's plastered with spelling mistakes. All I can say is keep it up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think that's a very fair statement.

Yesterday we saw the actions of 'the educated' ...looked to me to be exactly the same as 'the.uneducated'. Except of course they can tell us some ufology or history of graffiti facts.....our tax money at work.

Sponsored Links
Back