Unused gas bayonet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I am switching to an electric cooker, as a result I have disconnected the gas bayonet and it will be unused (but I don't want to get rid of it).

Are these OK to leave as is, or should it be capped / have some sort of blank put in?

Presumably a tightness test would be prudent either way?

Thanks
Mogget

Sponsored Links
Yup, if it's to be resurrected at some time then one of these with a little silicon grease added onto the insert section that'll coat the seal in the bayonet when it's put in.

images

Great, exactly what I was looking for. I see BES have them but are they easy to get at a local plumber's merchants?

Thanks for the tip about the silicone grease.

Yup, if it's to be resurrected at some time then one of these with a little silicon grease added onto the insert section that'll coat the seal in the bayonet when it's put in.

images
what's the name of that thing?

Sponsored Links
BES call it "bayonet cooker hose socket blanking plug" in their catalogue.

Yup, in essence it's a dust cap / blanking plug. Just ask at your local merchant, if they don't have one then I'm sure they'd be able to order. There could be a gas ISO tap on that pipe too TBH ;)

Without a doubt though, get it TT'd (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back