cos we love a bull and a cow BOB its that simple

if you said tomorrow was monday the row would go on for at least 7 pages

:):):)

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
cos we love a bull and a cow BOB its that simple

:):):)

Well to be honest i can prove that it is over the last 1000 years the earth as slowed down by 3 seconds a day so theioritetcly its monday :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I would beg to differ BOB

If you were to employ vermats last thearum and subtracted that by e=mc2 you would plain see that it will be a week next thursday and plumb centre still have not delivered those bleeding parts

you would also see your self coming, and that bob is inded your uncle

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
hobgoblin wrote:

I hope you fit a restrictor elbow or gas cock before you leave the job so it is up tocurrent standards so the next man in can isolate the appliance then!

I don't, no

Do you correct all NCS situations before you leave a job then?

I think the correct method is to inform the customer, ask if they would like it updating, let them know the cost.

If they say "no thanks" then there is nowt that i can do.

well in the case of a new install scatman you cannot do it with a NCS you must do it to current standards

if i am reading your post wrong i apologise

corgiman said:
well in the case of a new install scatman you cannot do it with a NCS you must do it to current standards

if i am reading your post wrong i apologise

I meant on a service.

your apology is accepted.

corgiman said:
No it ain't it's Tuesday

But I agree with you about everything else.. :D

When called out to undertake a service, I explain to my customers that a visual inspection, let by test and tightness test will be carried out before anything else and that it is included in the price of the service. I also explain to them that any faults that are picked up during this test which require rectification, will be subject to an extra charge.

On occasion, a customer has said to me that they do not want me to carry out this action and that they just want the boiler servicing. Fine, I explain to them that their decision is not advisable and then isolate the boiler at the appliance, carry out the service and state quite clearly on the service paperwork that the ecv has not been touched and that the installation has not been tightness tested at the customer's request.

At the end of the day, this is a commercial descision. If I did the test and found a leak at the start of the job, the customer may refuse to pay for the labour to rectify this if they had not given permission for the test to be done.

To be fair, most customers are happy for me to do a whole barrage of tests as I explain to them that it really is for the best and will give them peace of mind and increased safety. I agree that carrying out a TT before work is very good pracice as it indemnifies you against any faults that are there already and ensures that you can check any work you have done from a known base point (ie, no leaks when you got there).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back