Upgrading mains feed from 15 to 22, how/who?

That is better.

It is this one:
http://www.plasson.co.uk/gallery/upload/Product Information/Plass4_Data_Sheet.pdf

You have blue MDPE supply pipe, possible 25mm incoming main. Possible replaced lead water main in the past.

What I would is remove that and replace with plasson stopcock onto blue MDPE and 22mm into stopcock.

Daniel.

That's perfect, many many thanks for your help. Yes I suspect the pipe was replaced because the road shows signs of a trench having been cut from street valve to the pavement.

Thanks once again for your help, all.

Sponsored Links
I have realised that practically half this connector is concreted in, meaning that replacing this will be a pig.

However these universal fittings are advertised as being suitable for any pipe in the size range 15-22 i.e. one fitting does it all.

Does anyone have experience with these Plasson Plass 4 type fittings?

I am hoping that the job will only involve taking out the 15mm and putting in 22mm.

I understand that this is possible, but the questions are:

Does this fitting come with different inserts (not the sleeve) for differently sized pipe, or does it just have a wide range of adjustment? Because naturally I would require the 22 sized innards if the former is true.

Or, if not, is there anything that permanently crushes when used on 15, thus making re-using for 22 difficult or impossible?

Here's fingers crossed that I won't have to jigger anything out of the concrete... and thanks in advance for any help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back