URGENT - Hyrdrogn in NEW Central Heat Systm.

Hi,

I seem to be experiencing similar problems in my own (1 year old) central heating system. Was an explanation or solution ever found for your problem?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you think hydrogen is building up in your system isn't it dangerous to use the system at all until it has been tested by professionals?

sorry i wrote that last post before I realized that there were three more pages of chemistry.

And I thought plumbing was just turning things with a spanner.

I asked a friend/customer who's a Fellow of the R Soc of Chemists if pure water rusts iron. Paraphrasing, the answer came "yeah but not much. It's oxygen & all the other stuff dissolved in the water which does the damage".
Good enough for me!

Is the Universe's system still gassing?

Sponsored Links
Yes, Universe's system is still gassing hydrogen, after flushes and other things changed, etc! Boiler will be changed soon. I will update you. Cheers.

Well...what an absolute bas***d. I read all that. Every bloody word. Never did get to know the test results. :cry:

You say the boiler is a Glowworm CXI? That boilers not been produced for years, so is it a Flixicom CXi? Ultracom/2 CXi? or Ultimate/Betacom2 Cxi?

Did you get the results of the water samples? If so what did they say?

To clear a few things up, hydrogen can build up in a CH system, and it's one of the few flammable gases that can, it is unlikley to be anything else.

And yes, it does not need to be acidic to cause the problem, although this/heat/salts etc will all speed up the reactions.

What I'm curios about, is that even the highest hydrogen producing systems I've ever worked on wouldnt raise the pressure in the system. if the pressure is raising by a bar to a bar and a half on the production of hydrogen alone then something is far far wrong, and I would suspect that the system is being filled from somewhere mistakenly slowly as well as there being a gassy build up at the same time.

Also on a side note, its bad to use double does of inhibitor, as they can cause frothing in the pump and system water causing circulation issues and damage.

Oh Fk aye!! just seen the last few posts were recent lol

Who keeps resurecting threads from 10 years ago?! seen lots like this recently

It's my customer, He has gassing problems after a powerflush with DS40.

System is pretty rank. I might raise it in the closed forum and see if anyone has any bright ideas. I've suggested changing the rads at this stage

If my CH system produced hydrogen or any other farting gas, I would be over the moon! I would pump it back into gas National Grid and earn some money! :cool: and get free heating too!

I had the same problem my LHC kept producing Higgs bosons.

It's ok though, rang up Stephen and he told me to stick in a magnaclean!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back