Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Of serious consequences if Russia invaded Ukraine

as tensions ratchet up in Eastern Europe

blimey war before Christmas ?
Or in the new year ?

Sponsored Links
Putin wants to rebuild the USSR, Russians like him, so he will crack on.

Sponsored Links
They all get up to military action aimed at worrying the other side and make noises about it. Pots calling kettles black.

Putin wants to rebuild the USSR, Russians like him, so he will crack on.

I don't think so. The USSR collapsed mostly due to the cost of maintaining it and Putin is beginning to have the usual politician problem - the jam tomorrow never really arriving.

China, Russia and the West are all into interfering with other countries via aid and all sorts of things.

Just a bit of hysteria in the media before Christmas -- nothing will come of it. Remember the build up troops and hardware back in April? Then (just like now) the build up was actually a few hundred miles away from the border and after the exercise many of the troops returned inland which is what I suspect will happen this time. It's just a show of force to strengthen their demands in upcoming meetings.

Actually I think the USA noises are more of a way of convincing people that they do have this power and have no relationship to intent and that is very likely to apply to all sides. it infers that the USA think they have no intent to invade anyway.

What Russia or China could do is aid insurgents which in practice is what the west did previously. The Crimea is a little different - there was a vote. C4 did their best to show it was rigged and failed.

Oh well, it's only two more variants before Christmas and then we can get a bit of a break from it.
There’s really no need to be reporting ‘new variants’ , other than to keep the hysteria alive. It’d be like reporting that everyone vaccinated against flu will still get flu because the flu vaccine they had doesn’t work against the strain they got.
How frickin tedious is that. We already know like!

There’s really no need to be reporting ‘new variants’ , other than to keep the hysteria alive. It’d be like reporting that everyone vaccinated against flu will still get flu because the flu vaccine they had doesn’t work against the strain they got.
How frickin tedious is that. We already know like!

:LOL: I gave up watching the daily reports a long time ago. There are still people I know who share and report on the daily case numbers... I think I read somebody on here saying if they charged a fiver a test, the case numbers would plummet!

other than to keep the hysteria alive.

A rather deluded idea of peoples reactions really other than yours, There is no other reason for your attitude other than that.

Symptoms

Symptoms of hysteria included partial paralysis, hallucinations, and nervousness. Other symptoms often ascribed to hysteria include:

• Shortness of breath
  • Anxiety
  • Fainting
  • Nervousness
  • Insomnia
  • Sexual forwardness
  • Irritability
  • Agitation

Hallucinations are where someone sees, hears, smells, tastes or feels things that don't exist outside their mind.

Sponsored Links
Back