Use for leftover bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have around 140 grey paving bricks and about 30 usable post-war (1940s) Imperial house bricks.

I don't want to give them away -- there must be something to be done with them in the garden.

Any ideas on what to do with them other than lay a small path?

Sponsored Links
I thought about that.

How did you deal with the lawn mower hitting the bricks? There is a 2" drop from the edge of my lawn to the flower bed on the edge.

Also - were they simply tapped into the ground or concreted in?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I laid the pavers on a lean concrete mix and tapped them down until they were flush with the lawn, there was a bit of digging first to allow space for the concrete bed and to get a straight edge to the lawn but it was fairly straightforward after that. I haunched with concrete up the exposed side of the paver to make sure they dont slip and backfilled with soil.

I have not yet hit the pavers yet with the mower, I have to be careful at the corners in case both front wheels of the mower drop off the pavers. One more bonus is I very rarely have to edge the lawn anymore.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back