using british gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

Any comments on using BG to replace a heat exchanger?

if i use my plumber (who is very good and reasonable) i will have to pay £210, but i could pay £168 for BG all in repair service.

Am i setting myself up for trouble using them?

Sponsored Links
does that price involve you having to sign up to a service contract for a year though? That monthly payment adds up to a lot over the year!

Not really, I often recommend customers to go for a BG repair if it will work out cheaper for them. As your thread title says "Using BG" that's what they are there for, to be used & abused. :LOL:

Not really, I often recommend customers to go for a BG repair if it will work out cheaper for them. As your thread title says "Using BG" that's what they are there for, to be used & abused. :LOL:

i agree they the big boys let them bleed on expensive stuff

Sponsored Links
Its up to the engineer what price youll get it done for but theres no chance itll be for that price believe me. at least £256. If its an expensive part i point blank tell the customer they aint getting it done on the fixed price repair and thats that, heres a whopping quote!!!

I paid £210 to Warmsure last winter, all inclusive, for a boiler repair which required several parts. A friend advised that the parts alone would have been that much.

I think they make their money from the easy fixes, like condensate problems, which may be the majority of instances.

On the odd occasion that it's a major repair they suffer the loss for the simplicity of charging structure.

I can't complain about their customer services either.

the part cost 132 plus vat and delivery. fitting with my plumber is £40.

I have spoken to BG and they will do it for £168. looks like i may go with them for this one.

what i dont understand is how paul can say he would turn me down and do another quote. either BG have a one price fixed cost or they dont. surely they are breaking advertising stds ?

the part cost 132 plus vat and delivery. fitting with my plumber is £40.

I have spoken to BG and they will do it for £168. looks like i may go with them for this one.

what i dont understand is how paul can say he would turn me down and do another quote. either BG have a one price fixed cost or they dont. surely they are breaking advertising stds ?

i think you have a point their

I agree with Paul. You would get a quote from me also.

I would cover a leak or a blockage on a fixed price repairs. Not a chance

Is the op sure that this fixed price isn't at the cost of an additional sevrice contract at £15-20 or so pcm? Whence the £168 suddenly goes up by a further £150+, at which time the op will (like so many) forget about the direct debit and BG will get it's money's worth.

B G have been fined and warned by the Asa for breaking the rules on a regular basis.

2 BG guys replying that they would go against what there company is advertising why is that does it affect your team/patch reward..
Its called taking the rough with the smooth.

Next day fixed price repair there is no need to sgn up for any other form of contract although they will try and get you too.

Im sick fed up with these fixed price repair jobs where the customer thinks we can repair 7 faults and leaks, spend 4hours there on 2 seperate visits and keep calling us back for the intermittant fault(the 8th fault) on the boiler all for £168. These people need a reality check.

Best example ive had was a burst minimiser HEX, needed pcb,new HEX electrodes, burner was destroyed, flue was corroded, pumpvalves leaking. Issued quote out of the blue to customer for £950. Customer went ballistic, said he was going to take BG to court. I laughed out the door, what a clown!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back