Using noisy tools rules diy vs builders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is any differents between working hours when I legally can use noisy tools to do job for myself, or professional company which will use the same noisy tools ?
I mean what hours can I start and finish using noisy tools like cement mixer, timber saw, when I doing diy? is it the same hours when i hire bulders?

Sponsored Links
Anyone who thinks it's acceptable to go on annoying everyone else beyond 5:00pm should be put against a wall and shot with a nail gun.:mad:

Sponsored Links
I have a neighbour that likes noisy power tools, shredders and chainsaws are a favorite.......

During the summer months I always check to see if neighbours are sitting in the garden - in which case dont go mowing or noisy power tools.

I'd say 8am to 5pm is OK, unless your helping your neighbour or they are helping you, then you can crack on as long as you like.

Grass cutting / hedge trimming - I keep going to dusk or 8PM which ever is the earlier.
IC powered tools - no later than 7PM - usually off by 5PM and finished by 6PM.
Using other power tools outside 8PM. Otherwise I'll stop when I drop.

What I've found with present semi is that the dividing wall is either single leaf or no cavity - the neighbour can hear every bit of noise that the cupboards or the diving wall make - louder than we can... had to put soft closers on all doors and drawers.

I had more problems (comments) from 1 neighbour about noise in the mornings (9AM to 12 noon) when I was working late 'shift'. But she just hates anyone doing work for themselves (or by 'small' builders).

Last week, 8:08am :LOL::LOL:
IMG_7640.jpg

Ian - tell your neighbour that when he goes to work that there is a lot of bangiing coming from his bedroom. Emma never complains.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back