Vaillant boiler - how to fill/pressurize this configuration

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I am getting the F22 message on my Vaillant hr Solide boiler (VHR Netherlands version).
The bar reading is low too at 0.5bar. So I would like to top it up.

IMG_20181030_200046985.jpg

In the attached image, you can see there are two valves, black on the right attached to the yellow pipe (nothing attached on the other end of the yellow pipe), and the red valve on the left. there is also a cold water tap in the bottom left.
How do I attach the yellow pipe to fill up the boiler?
Google gave me no answers so please help!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20181030_200046985.jpg
    IMG_20181030_200046985.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The yellow hose end should connect to the cold water tap. Turn the cold tap on and then the black valve, fill to 1.5 bar. Make sure both taps are closed after!

Looks like your safety valve has been dripping, you should get an engineer to check the expansion vessel and safety valve on the system.

@The831Bunny Well that worked, the pressure went up. But now the side of the boiler is leaking from somewhere internal...
I guess that means I cooked it. doesn't it?

Or it was leaking before which is why the pressure was low to begin with. Time to get someone in if thats the case.

Sponsored Links
@The831Bunny Well that worked, the pressure went up. But now the side of the boiler is leaking from somewhere internal...
I guess that means I cooked it. doesn't it?
It MAY just be the auto air vent in the boiler. Sometimes they leak after refilling. Either way, I’d get somebody professional in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back