Vaillant Condensate drain pipe not attached?!

[
Re your previous comment, I thought that it did look rather messy...does that mean it's not safe? Should I pay someone (how much?) to inspect the installation?

Doesnt neccesarily mean its unsafe.

Gas safe will inspect for free. Should have had something offering an inspection with the paperwork confirming the notification of boiler.

Sponsored Links
[
Re your previous comment, I thought that it did look rather messy...does that mean it's not safe? Should I pay someone (how much?) to inspect the installation?

Doesnt neccesarily mean its unsafe.

Gas safe will inspect for free. Should have had something offering an inspection with the paperwork confirming the notification of boiler.

i do indeed. However, GS say they cannot inspect every single system requested. I'll think I'll try anyway :) thanks

just a bit untidy mate, dont worry about it. Doesnt affect safety or function.
be interested to know where this water is coming from though.

Sponsored Links
The condense pipe looks like it has a rise in it? If it does surely the condense is piling up in there and eventually spilling out of the boiler where the pipe meets it?

Just my thoughts :?:

the white plastic one is the condense, should be pushed over the plastic pipe coming out of the boiler. maybe its fell out seeing as its not clipped and travelling uphill :rolleyes:

Had a closer look over the weekend and discovered that you were right - the condensate pipe had fallen out as not clipped - I had initally mistaken it for a separate pipe next to the condensate drain...!

Will get installer to see to it (i think pipe needs to be cut so that travels downhill), but in the meantime, thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions above

Just push it back onto the stub (carefully) and put a nail into the wall to support the pipe until your installer gets there.

ive seen alot worse installations than that to be honest. The main messyness is the earth bonding. Ask you installer to pigtail the connections. Would look much neater. Then again does that side of things really matter to you if its SAFE and unsean (cupboard?)

Just push it back onto the stub (carefully) and put a nail into the wall to support the pipe until your installer gets there.

Thanks for the tip. Was planning on cutting a wood block to size to support the pipe (and tilt it downhill) but a nail may be easier

ive seen alot worse installations than that to be honest. The main messyness is the earth bonding. Ask you installer to pigtail the connections. Would look much neater. Then again does that side of things really matter to you if its SAFE and unsean (cupboard?)

Thanks for the reassurance. :) Not really that bothered about the mess, if safety has not been compromised, as you have guessed cupboard would be closed most of the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back