Vaillant diverter valve Improved design?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had to order a new diverter valve for my Vaillant Ecotec. The original part PN: 178978 has been superseded by PN: 0020132682. It has a different motor and the kit comes with a wiring adapter for this.

Does anybody know if the new part is an improved design?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes thanks.

The idea of a forum is to share knowledge and help people. It seems there are certain individuals on this forum who take great pleasure in shooting people down and criticising them with no intention of sharing knowledge as you have just proven.

If the individuals I'm refering to are RGI's then I really hope you're not this condescending to your customers. If you came to do a job for me with that attitude then I wouldn't be using you again. Do you actually have this attitude when speaking with people face to face or do you only do it when you're behind a keyboard?

I have started a new thread for each individual question because that way it gets maximum views and is more likely to be answered.

I actually help run a car forum and I have a large amount of knowledge on the model of car that the forum caters for. People come on there and ask lots of questions about different things but we are a good community and always answer their questions without being arrogant and condescending. Maybe you should check it out to see how an average forum actually works.

Maybe you're not getting any help because this is a job for an RGI and not a DIY job?

Paying costumers get a suitably doffed cap.

You however are not a paying costumer, and are doing things you are ill equipped to be doing.

I care not what you think of my attitude. Nor have I shot you down. Now wind your neck in and grow a pair.

Yes thanks.
Maybe you should check it out to see how an average forum actually works.
This forum works very well thanks, but jamming up the forum with lots of posts about essentially the same topic isn't good etiquette anywhere and certainly isn't appreciated here. If I had a problem with the ignition system on my car, would you rather I came to your forum and asked questions about the whole ignition system in one topic, or created new individual topics for each spark plug, the distributor, the battery etc, and even duplicated some of those posts just to make sure people read them? I'd consider the latter to be overly invasive and rude

Anyway, to answer your diverter valve question, yes Vaillant have polished their turd a bit, but you shouldn't be attempting a DIY repair add that would involve removing the room-sealing front case of the boiler, which should only be done by an RGI

Paying costumers get a suitably doffed cap.

You however are not a paying costumer, and are doing things you are ill equipped to be doing.

I care not what you think of my attitude. Nor have I shot you down. Now wind your neck in and grow a pair.

Why do I need to 'grow a pair' exactly?

This forum works very well thanks, but jamming up the forum with lots of posts about essentially the same topic isn't good etiquette anywhere and certainly isn't appreciated here. If I had a problem with the ignition system on my car, would you rather I came to your forum and asked questions about the whole ignition system in one topic, or created new individual topics for each spark plug, the distributor, the battery etc, and even duplicated some of those posts just to make sure people read them? I'd consider the latter to be overly invasive and rude

Anyway, to answer your diverter valve question, yes Vaillant have polished their turd a bit, but you shouldn't be attempting a DIY repair add that would involve removing the room-sealing front case of the boiler, which should only be done by an RGI

Thank you for your answer. That's all I was looking for. I guess only time will tell if the superseded part is any better.

If I had known all of the questions when I started posting then I would have put them all in the same thread. The questions arose as I was going along. If a question is buried deep within another thread with a different title then it's less likely to get seen and answered.

I've said this in another thread but I'll say it again. If removing the front cover is such a big no no then why does this forum actively encourage it in the FAQ section?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back