Vaillant diverter valve Improved design?

i can remember years ago programming cnc on a bbc computer ( thats when i started ) and a lathe is petty straight forward haven't seen or used one for years now but a lathe is a lathe pretty simple to use , used to enjoy engineering back then .

as you know from your job regulations is regulations we all have to follow and one of them is we can't give advice with your appliance being room sealed, very surprised your so flippant considering you know regulations always have to be followed :cautious: . by the way its not straight forward as you think

A 7 axis CNC is slightly more advanced than your old BBC programmable system. If you think they are comparable then you are more stupid than I thought. You're the kind of person who thinks a machine with a DRO means it's a CNC.

If you can't give advice then why do you spend so much time on here? You're just proving my point you're only here to shoot people down and criticise them.

Refering to my job was nothing to do with regulations. I was trying to point out I'm not a complete idiot. I can be held liable for manslaughter if my work is proven to have caused an accident and killed people so I like to think I have a good attention to detail.

Didn't I just say that?

You're not quite understanding me. The point I'm making is that I've spent a few hours on here and figured out the problem. A lot of engineering is not that simple. You wouldn't just be able to scan through a forum for a lot of engineering solutions.

I had to do a 5 year advanced modern apprenticeship, a 2 year ONC then a 2 year HNC to get where I am today. You can be certified gas safe in 8 weeks can't you?

The BG engineer I was refering to who checked my boiler is actually someone I knew at the time. He had no previous experience and he was rushed through his training then dumped on the job on his own. He said he used to have sleepless nights worrying about the work he'd done that day for quite a while after he first started.

Sponsored Links
You're not quite understanding me.

I think I am. The English language is not that difficult.

I've also worked in oilfield services. I used to work on MWD mud pulse telemetry tools. We used to get a lot of problems with the silicon carbide face seals running dry on test causing the modulator motor to draw high current damaging the electronics. After many months of investigative work we managed to solve the problem and come up with a solution. This is not a problem you'll find a solution for on a forum.

Sponsored Links
Refering to my job was nothing to do with regulations. I was trying to point out I'm not a complete idiot. I can be held liable for manslaughter if my work is proven to have caused an accident and killed people so I like to think I have a good attention to detail.

dam , your head is so far up your own ass you can't see sense , i hope you live alone because you would be up for manslaughter fiddling with something you now nothin about , and you know what you are a idiot, your so clever you come on a diy forum to find information of how to change a diverter valve , their are other ways to find this information . a man with your inflated ego should know how to find information with your superior job in mind. pick up that dam phone and ring a rgi and do it properly and stop being a tight a-s , ridiculous .belive it or not were helping you .

After many months of investigative work we managed to solve the problem and come up with a solution. This is not a problem you'll find a solution
heres a problem you can solve - how do you shove that fat head right up your a-s , now thats a big problem(y)(y)

Last edited:

dam , your head is so far up your own ass you can't see sense , i hope you live alone because you would be up for manslaughter fiddling with something you now nothin about , and you know what you are a fu-king idiot, your so clever you come on a diy forum to find information of how to change a diverter valve , their are other ways to find this information . a man with your inflated ego should know how to find information with your superior job in mind. pick up that dam phone and ring a rgi and do it properly and stop being a tight a-s , ridiculous .

After many months of investigative work we managed to solve the problem and come up with a solution. This is not a problem you'll find a solution
heres a problem you can solve - how do you shove that fat head right up your a-s , now thats a big problem(y)(y)

So all you can do is resort to insults now? Well done you (y)

yawn . you just can't see its called being SAFE as you should now all about with your high superior job . if you can't think of yourself safety think of others around you .

Attachments

• th-1.jpeg
    th-1.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 110
Anyway Gents, it's been an absolute pleasure. I hope there are many more threads where you can criticise people to make you feel good about yourselves.

I might put a thread up next week about removing my burner. You'd love that! :mrgreen:

:LOL: believe it or not were not doing it to criticise people , but people got to understand you can't mess with boilers in a flippant way like you have or will do. someone with your great importance must understand that , no matter if your a f--king scientist , nuclear physicist , doctor or whatever . just don't mess with boilers(y)(y)

I think that having a Degree in English, Dan is well qualified to understand you!

But any understanding relies totally on the original writing!

But you seem to have some difficulties understanding that the reason we are unable to give advice on work relating to gas aspects is because we have to comply with this site's rules.

I think that having a Degree in English, Dan is well qualified to understand you!

But any understanding relies totally on the original writing!

But you seem to have some difficulties understanding that we are unable to give advice on work relating to gas aspects because we comply with this site's rules.

I haven't asked anything to do with a gas related issue. As you already know the problem is with my diverter valve and I have already said I wouldn't touch anything to do with the gas side of things.

Unfortunately, you are showing a lack of comprehension of what we have explained to you.

To access the diverter valve on your model, it is necessary to remove the sealed front cover of the boiler.

The front cover is a sealed component and a DIYer should not be doing that.

You will be pleased to know that I replaced the diverter valve on a similar model to yours today. Nice Chilean girls there to chat to me and make me coffee too.

If the individuals I'm refering to are RGI's then I really hope you're not this condescending to your customers. If you came to do a job for me with that attitude then I wouldn't be using you again. Do you actually have this attitude when speaking with people face to face or do you only do it when you're behind a keyboard?

When you say this, you are forgetting the fact that the RGI is going to charge for the visit. If the customer, you, wanted free quote, what makes you think a lot of regulars would be rushing over to your place, cap in hand be begging to offer free advise. Sorry, I forgot- the heating engineer is going to rip you off, that is why you are seeking free advise here:cautious:

Lately this forum reminds me of Zulu. The good guys (RGIs) are fighting a losing battle. :cry:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back