Vaillant diverter valve Improved design?

Because you apps like an old woman moaning about not being helped.

I'm not moaning I'm just pointing out that you were being deliberately unhelpful. When I asked if you knew the answer to my question you just said 'yes thanks'.

It doesn't encourage working on the boiler. It is describing stand alone vessels.

It mentions the PV valve is in or around the boiler somewhere. It doesn't say anything about not removing the cover. Maybe they should make it more clear that you are not to remove the cover.

PICK UP THAT DAM PHONE !!! stop messing with that boiler, (y)(y)

I've ordered a new diverter valve and also a new AAV as it has been leaking fluid. I will be fitting them myself when they arrive. As long as the cover is replaced properly and I am not messing around with the gas side of things I really don't see the problem.

Sponsored Links
you just plainly don't understand, their is a reason why you don't take cover off . have fun doing your repair but don't come back to us when you have f--ked something and it would cost you even more to sort . you obviously think you can do the repair but i suppose we all learn from our mistakes . why do you think you can start mending boilers when obviously you know gas engineers have to be qualified even before looking in a boiler ??(y)

Why ask the question twice?

Because more people are likely to see it and answer as a question in the main forum.

All of your posts are in the main forum!

I have already given my reply to your question in your original thread.

You don't seem able to understand that "gas" restrictions in respect of a boiler cover any work to the gas supply, combustion aspects, fluing, combustion seals etc.

The front cover of your boiler forms the room sealed aspect of a boiler which a DIYer should not be opening!

By chance I am replacing a diverter valve on your model of boiler today.

Tony

Sponsored Links
What is the difference between me removing and replacing the cover or one of you? There is 2 clips and 1 M6 bolt. It's not rocket science. I'm an EIM engineer by trade so I would say i'm capable of replacing the cover properly.

I used to build MLG (main landing gear) for the Airbus A320 family of aircraft. The safety regulations are extremely strict in the aviation industry so I think I can be trusted.

How much will that job cost including parts and labour Tony? I'm interested to know how much I am saving.

Cost around £216 inclusive.

The difference between you and us doing the boiler cover is that we have training and equipment to test the boiler for correct operation afterwards.

Tony

The difference between you and us doing the boiler cover is that we have training and equipment to test the boiler for correct operation afterwards.

Tony

I'm saving myself a fortune then. Good to know.

Tony

I'm saving myself a fortune then. Good to know.
Yep, knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing is a great quality to have...well done

Does make one laugh the number of uber engineers that pop on here to ask questions of mere mortals :LOL:

Makes feel very relieved most flights are on Boeing ;)

I'm sure you couldn't jump straight on a CNC mill or lathe though so it's all relative.

Did you go straight into being an RGI knowing everything?

What is the difference between me removing and replacing the cover or one of you? There is 2 clips and 1 M6 bolt. It's not rocket science. I'm an EIM engineer by trade so I would say i'm capable of replacing the cover properly.

I used to build MLG (main landing gear) for the Airbus A320 family of aircraft. The safety regulations are extremely strict in the aviation industry so I think I can be trusted.

I'm sure you couldn't jump straight on a CNC mill or lathe though so it's all relative.

i can remember years ago programming cnc on a bbc computer ( thats when i started ) and a lathe is petty straight forward haven't seen or used one for years now but a lathe is a lathe pretty simple to use , used to enjoy engineering back then .

as you know from your job regulations is regulations we all have to follow and one of them is we can't give advice with your appliance being room sealed, very surprised your so flippant considering you know regulations always have to be followed :cautious: . by the way its not straight forward as you think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back