Vaillant Turbomax pressure valve stuck?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I believe we have a Vaillant Turbomax boiler although I'm unsure of the exact model number. The pressure has been low for a couple of years but only recently on a couple of occasions it has failed to fire up. I just pressed a button and it switched back on immediately. A gas safety certificate was done recently and he mentioned it needed topping up.

I have identified where the 2 pressure valves are underneath the boiler. Our landlord mentioned the one on the left does not turn but one on the right does.

The boiler is built in to a cupboard making it very awkward to access so I cannot use a standard/long handled flat head screwdriver to turn. I have to use a short stubby screwdriver and have also tried a bleed key as read that it may also work, but no luck.

The valve looks to be very worn, probably from frequently using it over the years and maybe using the wrong thing to turn it. So I can't seem to get any purchase to turn it or it is just stuck? Have sprayed wd40 on which made no difference.

From looking around online its possible that once upon a time there was some kind of key that would make this incredibly easy...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Sponsored Links
Call the landlord or agent and let them fix it...used to drive me insane when tenants would chew up the filling valves. The valves need replacing.

Nobody ever used the stupid, useless key. Just a stubby

Sponsored Links
Call the landlord or agent and let them fix it...used to drive me insane when tenants would chew up the filling valves. The valves need replacing.

I wasn't sure if it was something that did need fixing or if I was doing something wrong, or there was a knack to it I hadn't figured out. I think my landlord would attempt to do it himself before arranging for them to be replaced so I wanted to save him the hassle if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back