VE Day 75 years later: The real story of how Britain won WW2

Sponsored Links
Around 80% of German soldiers killed in WW2 were killed fighting the Soviet forces.

Precise figures vary by source.

British popular newspapers prefer not to mention that.

Around 80% of German soldiers killed in WW2 were killed fighting the Soviet forces.

Precise figures vary by source.

British popular newspapers prefer not to mention that.

Whats your point John..

I would say we as an island nation we stood up and slowed the the German machine. Until the yanks joined the war and the Soviets swapped sides.

The Soviets may never have beat the Germans with out our help and standing up to Hitler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Whats your point John..

I would say we as an island nation we stood up and slowed the the German machine. Until the yanks joined the war and the Soviets swapped sides.

The Soviets would never have beat the Germans with out our help and standing up to Hitler.

Save your breath. Johnny probably suffers some complex. Maybe his forefathers were conchies. Maybe he was related to Haw Haw. Both enjoy undermining their countries with subversive propaganda. Obviously some deep-seated insecurity to the point of mania. Quite sad.

Last edited:
Whats your point John..

The Soviets would never have beat the Germans with out our help and standing up to Hitler.

Fact is if it was not for the Russians the war would have gone on for far longer

The Germans had a massive amount of kit tied up on the Russian front
Thousands of tanks aeroplanes
Troops 2 million??
Artillery pieces ect

All of it would have been in France waiting for the British and Americans
Doubt they would have got off the beach?

Plus they had jet fighter air craft just starting to come into the war

Some if my relatives did there best to stand up for democracy against Joe Stalin :cool:

Fact is if it was not for the Russians the war would have gone on for far longer

The Germans had a massive amount of kit tied up on the Russian front
Thousands of tanks aeroplanes
Troops 2 million??
Artillery pieces ect

All of it would have been in France waiting for the British and Americans
Doubt they would have got off the beach?

Plus they had jet fighter air craft just starting to come into the war

I'm not taking away from the Russians. I'm simply back ing up the story from the Mirror that is we played an equally important part as to why we are not speaking German or Russian now.

I'm not taking away from the Russians. I'm simply back ing up the story from the Mirror that is we played an equally important part as to why we are not speaking German or Russian now.

Absolutely

at one time we were entirely alone

Even the French Air force bombed us in Gibraltar

Nonsense. They just had the numbers. Man for man Germany were superior in most facets of the war. It took a lot of collaborative force to stop the Hun.

That is a bit like saying we were the better team, all 7 goals were lucky..

Last edited by a moderator:
at one time we were entirely alone

As a country we were and if this island fell to the Germans we may well be German now........ If not Russian....

I also take nothing away from the commonwealth solders the Polish and Czech pilots. The Norwegian and French resistance.

But as a country we stood alone until the others pulled their fingers out.

Sponsored Links
Back