veg oil as a fuel? really?

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
You need to filter it properly.
i know. thats why i aint used 2nd hand oil. altho if i do start to use 2nd hand then ill get someway to filter it properly

another quick update: still mixin around 50/50 (20L diesel, 18veggie oil) and its still runnin fine. still starts no problem at -6

Sponsored Links
andy said:
another quick update: still mixin around 50/50 (20L diesel, 18veggie oil) and its still runnin fine. still starts no problem at -6
Interesting what car are you running (ford peugeot citroen ?)

darren8512 said:
andy said:

2004 astra estate, 1.7CDTI. altho if you actually read the thread, ive already mentioned it

andy said:
darren8512 said:
andy said:

2004 astra estate, 1.7CDTI. altho if you actually read the thread, ive already mentioned it

Thanks Andy just I am new to this. I am thinking of running my 97 mondeo on something better for the environment (and cheaper) does any one have help on this score.

Smelled my first yesterday.
A ford estate, diesel, loaded with tools etc... was manouevering out from a parking space beside my motor,as I approached, the smell of, well, fish n'chips was amazing ... As the thing drove off I noticed a couple of other guys nearby, beside their cars watching, we looked at each other and fell about laughing, as the aroma vanished with the Ford ..... That was good !! :D :D :D

empip said:
Smelled my first yesterday.
A ford estate, diesel, loaded with tools etc... was manouevering out from a parking space beside my motor,as I approached, the smell of, well, fish n'chips was amazing ... As the thing drove off I noticed a couple of other guys nearby, beside their cars watching, we looked at each other and fell about laughing, as the aroma vanished with the Ford ..... That was good !! :D :D :D

at least you dont get the smell with new oil. usin 2nd hand oil is just wanting people to notice, so unless your doin it legally and payin tax on it, use new

darren8512 said:
Thanks Andy just I am new to this. I am thinking of running my 97 mondeo on something better for the environment (and cheaper) does any one have help on this score.

depends on the engine. if petrol, dont try veggie oil. if diesel, wait till the tank is nearly empty and add 5L diesel and around 4L veggie oil. make sure there is room in the tank to fill it with diesel if the engine doesnt like the oil. see links in this thread for more info

AdamW said:
Ah, but there's a difference between filling your tank and brimming it. I fill my tank until the nozzle cuts out, but you see lots of people ignore the "clicks" and keep on going.

went for fuel the other day. got out and the woman at the other pump's tank was full so it stopped. she continued to press it to get more in. i managed to put 20L in, go stand in queue, pay by card, get back to car and she was just puttin the nozzle back in holder. oh, and there was fuel down the side of her car. she probably didnt know why it kept stoppin....

bikerm4 said:
Fuel,s cheaper here http://www.petroldirect.com/index.htm and delivered to your door!
petroldirect0ju.jpg

typical! i always wondered how my car would run on purple diesel!!!! was going to order some yellow too, compare them!

disclaimer: no i am not stupid, the above is for comedy value only.

I think i'll wait till the guarantee runs out on my car, before i try "experimenting" (ford fiesta 1.4TDCi)

Well I did it, took some nerve but 3 ltrs new oil and 9 ltrs diesel runs/starts as good as before there could be something to this idea.

just dont get caught... tax evasion isnt the best thing to get caught for

what engine you got? and you might wanna check if you have a bosch or lucas pump. bosch handles SVO/WVO well, lucas doesnt and can give up without any warning

as for there could be something to this idea: yes. greener fuel. but since the government want you to pay 47.1p per litre in tax, it looks like they dont want you to use it.

If you do these things you just have to hope.
The girlfriend work at the Regent Centre. The C and E have offices there so that may not be the best place to drive around, the tunnel is another place you see them plenty.
Its a18td with Bosh pump. I did a couple of visual tests a 50/50 in a glass jar and a jar of just diesel shock it, it is thicker but not by much thats why I went for about a 3rd mix just to be safe. Only thing I found was putting it in the garage at night it smelled like a chip pan so a thinner mix might be best for the smell. If you could get used oil for free and filter it, at 47p would be well worth it.

Sponsored Links
Back