VELUX Roof Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve recently moved into a property where VELUX Low Pitch Roof Windows have been installed.

I can’t for the life of me get them to open! It’s driving me mad. I’ve tried for a month to get them open but can’t.

I’m hoping somebody can help. I’ve attached photos of them and have tried locking and unlocking the keyholes on the sides but getting nowhere (can’t find anything online about these keyholes).

Anyone any idea of how to get these open?

Your help is so very much appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
Does the push bar move? Its likely they've never been opened and are stuck.

Anti clockwise with lock. Open bar. Should move in and out a little bit even if lock is still holding?

You saying it is rock solid? No movement

Anti clockwise with lock. Open bar. Should move in and out a little bit even if lock is still holding?

You saying it is rock solid? No movement
Hi,

Yes it just remains rock solid with no movement whatsoever.

Sponsored Links
Apologies if I'm giving you old news.

With the handle in closed position... does the handle move into 'vent' position? (single pull down), then down again usually puts the window into open position.

When they were installed, presumably they were is two bits? frame & sash.

Apologies if I'm giving you old news.

With the handle in closed position... does the handle move into 'vent' position? (single pull down), then down again usually puts the window into open position.

When they were installed, presumably they were is two bits? frame & sash.
Of course not, any help is very much appreciated!

I can move it to the ‘vent’ position but it doesn’t pull down to open any further.

I have four VELUX windows and none of them open, all exactly the same problem.

They were installed two months ago.

You will need the key! they have been fitted with extra security Z0Z 012K1 Locks.
I have looked at the locks but they don’t appear to be a standard key one like the one you’ve suggested. They’re just a circular hole with a square part within them :)

Attachments

• 079712BE-ED94-4A5E-8C82-28B58DFFB289.png
    079712BE-ED94-4A5E-8C82-28B58DFFB289.png
    372.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 7CFA11E8-48A9-4EFA-BF2E-14C94F9737E6.jpeg
    7CFA11E8-48A9-4EFA-BF2E-14C94F9737E6.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 47
I've not seen the locks before that are fitted to your windows, and having a look on the Velux site, shows something different.

Do the grey plastic centres of these locks push in or turn?

Was you insert something like a flat blade screwdriver into the lock and very gently turn if it will, (be careful not to churn up the plastic), perhaps 180° so the notch is facing the window pane.

Have you contacted Velux yet, what is the code of the window?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back