Ventilation requirements for two dfe fires in one room

Sponsored Links
Riley26 the question still stands ?
once your in the cc you will probably learn more than your useless acs centre , well probably here as well:)

Sponsored Links
Sorry have been away from the computer. The question wasn't asking me to size the vents. But were should they be positioned in relationship to the two dfe fires

was for 2 vents should they be positioned at opposite ends of the room or at a distance between the fires? Or same wall

was for 2 vents should they be positioned at opposite ends of the room or at a distance between the fires? Or same wall
That will depend on how many outside walls there are...usually a semi detached will have 2 outside walls front and back , if an extension has been added then possibly only one outside wall to consider...
Who the fook writes these fookin questions.. Jeez..
Vents should be positioned on the same wall.

also remember the advantageous air is to be considered . some homework for you , how much advantageous air do you consider for the fires in your room ??
a bit of revision for you
Riley26 im not taking the p!ss it may help, just a bit of fun to get you thinking , if you have two fires are 8kw in the same room, how much advantageous air do you take into consideration when calculating ventilation ? ( I've helped you a bit there ) .
before you worry about vent position , you need to know the free area vent size for ventilation for open flued appliances

Riley26 im not taking the p!ss it may help, just a bit of fun to get you thinking , if you have two fires are 8kw in the same room, how much advantageous air do you take into consideration when calculating ventilation ? ( I've helped you a bit there ) .
before you worry about vent position , you need to know the free area vent size for ventilation for open flued appliances
Thanks just let me look through my book

The 2 fires are dfe,s what difference does the the input make unless they are over 20kw?

Why do the ventilation requirements differ for a DFE as opposed to conventional flued appliances???...in other words what is the reason for a minimum of 100 cm vent for a DFE with a input rating of 8 kW?
Anyone wanna earn a coconut???

No one wants a coconut???:ROFLMAO:
Hey Riley , put the question to the ACS tutor and see what he has to say..;)

Increased volume of air passing through where???
That's nearly word for word Agas..
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back