Ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please give me a rough estimate as to how much it would cost me to have an air vent put in a bedroom ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
HELP, we have been stung by cowboy builders twice in the last couple of weeks.
Thanks

Bungalow, render, breezeblock, cavity according to my husband. Sorry I didn't give you enough info.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for replying Jeds , sorry for the late reply I wasn't emailed saying someone else had replied to my post.
Can I ask for some more advice please? I have posted previously about condensation we have in bedroom, I followed all the advice given but the black mould is coming back on the walls. It's certainly not nearly as much as it was before. Do you the it's worth putting an air vent in? We are having our house re-roughcasted and if we are going to put an air vent in it will have to be done prior to this work starting.
Thank you

Do you have an extractor fan in your bathroom?

If not then why not.

It should be on a timer which means that when you turn the light off the fan says on, it should be set to 20mins.

Andy

Also do you have upvc windows in your bedroom?

Do they have trickle vents? if not then they are easy to fit.

Try sleeping with the top fanlight slightly open and see if there is an condensation on the window/frames, I bet there will be a minimal amount if any.

Andy

An air vent is a waste of time to deal with bathroom condensation. You need to fit an extractor fan

Thanks for all your replies.
I have an extractor fan in my bathroom which stays on after the light is switched off.
I have upvc windows throughout the house with trickle vents which are always opened.
I cant leave the windows opened at night as I stay in a bungalow.
Does anyone think it is worth putting an air vent in the bedroom?
I feel as though we have tried everything.
Thank you.

Open the bedroom window so that it is on the 'catch' that way it will be secure. Then see if you have any condensation in the morning.

Andy

We have not had any condensation on the windows for a couple of months, it's the black mould that is coming back on the walls. Nothing like it was before, but it is still coming back. That's why we thought possibly having an air vent put in? We are having the house re-roughcast within the next couple of months and have been told if we are going to put a vent in we will have to do this before before the roughcasting starts

Can anyone give me any further advice re the air vents in my bedroom please. Is it worth having one put in, as I explained in previous post we have no condensation on windows now but the black mould is coming back slightly.
Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back