Venting a Kitchen

Sponsored Links
We have the over the oven fan with grease filter above the cooker, but it is not functional. The proevious owner of this house must have got someone to install it, but they haven't finished the job properly. There is no venting hole through the wall made, and the fan is not working.
We didn't know that it was non functional until we moved into this house, and long while after. So it must be re-done properly.
But meanwhile I am trying to see if this Amazon fan could do some ventilation - the fan seems quite powerful and effective.
We have the similar fan properly installed in the shower room, and it works very effectively. I don't see why it wouldn't be effective in the kitchen. Our kitchen is not for cooking all day for many people. It only takes about 30 minutes for dinner cooked per day for 2 people - me and my wife, and that is it. Sometimes we put on the washing in the kitchen pulleys to dry off them, and that's when the vent fan could help as well. So, proper fan with the filter over the oven and into the ventilation hole through the wall would be powerful and nice device to have, but not really must for this kitchen. It is a future project. :)

What's the point of mounting it in the door? Just open it. Far more effective and costs a whole lot less.
For overnight ventilation, and trying keep the space dry, the fan would be better? And if outside is damp, opening the door wouldn't help, as indoor damp air wouldn't really be ventilated out to outside. Forcing the indoor damp air out by the fan would work for ventilation even on rainy days?

Sponsored Links
For overnight ventilation, and trying keep the space dry, the fan would be better? And if outside is damp, opening the door wouldn't help, as indoor damp air wouldn't really be ventilated out to outside. Forcing the indoor damp air out by the fan would work for ventilation even on rainy days?
Pointless

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back