Veritas 8C Alarm, some buttons stopped working!

Joined
27 Apr 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just gone to set this today and founds keys 1, 4 & 7, so down a line on the left side on the keypad have stopped working, they don't beep when you press them?

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong, its been in 5 years without issue?

Tony
 
check the ribbon is in properly.

replacement buttons and membranes are available online DCA-0015.

Time to look at replacing panel back up battery also for reference.
 
I did wonder about replacement buttons, thanks for the part number.

Do the batteries last around 5 years then?
 
the chances are its just the ribbon thats worked its way loose at 5 years old, they normally last much longer.

back up panel batteries last around 5 years mark, that doesn't mean they cant last longer but unless you test the condition of the battery with a battery tester you either leave it to chance when there's a power cut or swap it out every 5 years.
 
Last edited:
Hopefully you are right about the loose cable. Now how do I stop the alarm when I take the cover off if the keypad isn't working?
 
The answer is:-

if you dont have another keypad connected or if the engineers code doesn't use 1,4 or 7 then you cant stop it from going off.
if the engineers code doesn't contain those numbers then you can place panel in engineers mode.

however the panel is unlikely to be ball box on tamper so it be internals speakers only.

the length of time it takes to open up and check the ribbon is very short, once in you can enter the user code to silence the alarm.

In the event that doesn't work, pull the mains and the battery, the external bell box will go off probably and go off for about 15 minutes, however that depends on the bell box you have attached to the alarm.
 
Thanks for your help with this. I have sorted it at the weekend. I tapped the case first and the keypad started working, so I opened it up re-seated that and all is good so far at least. :)
 
Hi, I had the same problem, buttons 1,4,7, and Full not working. I Googled this and found this page, I isolated the power, opened it up and 'messed' with the ribbon cable as mentioned. And that cured it, works perfectly again, so just wanted to say - thank you.

This forum has come to the rescue yet again.
 
Most likely the ribbon isn't in correctly, sometimes they appear to work lose.

However if the ribbon is in correctly and it still doesn't work, then you can replace the ribbons only at the minute I have some on ebay.

Run out of the full replacement buttons (others do sell them) and not sure they are selling fast enough to justify continuing to replenish carrying stock. Better to buy a full kit direct from the companies selling off ebay I suspect, although someone is selling full kits on there for very little money at the minute, cant see that being sustainable.

The full kits are only really needed if the old Plastic buttons are worn and you cant read the numbers
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top