Veritas R8 help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking for some advice please.

We have sold our house and going to be moving out soon so we are currently putting any little things right that need fixing for the new owners. One of the things that needed fixing was the alarm keypads on our 2 alarm systems, both have worn buttons, which has never bothered us as we just altered our user code to not include the worn buttons.

Anyway, we have 2 separate alarm systems, both the same model, a veritas r8. Each system has just one keypad each. One of the systems is about 10 years old which was installed when we had an extension built an the other system was installed 20 years ago when the house was originally built.

I have changed the keypad on the newer system as I knew the engineers code hadn't been changed on that system so I powered it down, disconnected battery and changed keypad and had to enter default engineers code (4321) upon powering back up the system.

The problem is, I'm not sure if the older system has a different engineers code as it was already installed in the house when we bought it 15 years ago.

Is there anyway of testing if the engineers code is still set to default? bearing in mind that the no 1 on the keypad doesn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Probably wont don't need the engineer code to change the keypad , it may be programmed for eng reset , but chances are not ..just power down swop keypad power back up enter user code , press reset ...

Thanks for the reply,

If I power it down, do I need to disconnect the backup battery as well? or just power off the mains supply?

On a separate issue, the system that I have changed, when I've powered it all back up and reconnected the battery, it has reset itself to default factory setting and the user code has reset itself to 4321. Do you have any information on re-configuring the zones and exit/entry delays? are they easy enough to set?

Thanks

Andy

Thanks for the reply,

If I power it down, do I need to disconnect the backup battery as well? or just power off the mains supply?

On a separate issue, the system that I have changed, when I've powered it all back up and reconnected the battery, it has reset itself to default factory setting and the user code has reset itself to 4321. Do you have any information on re-configuring the zones and exit/entry delays? are they easy enough to set?

Thanks

Andy
The above should not happen, the panel has an NVM chip, non-volatile memory, so powering down etc is not a problem

Sponsored Links
you could have replaced the buttons rather than the whole keypads, as for which is easiest that's another matter.

the keypads were changed and some changed the way the part set tones worked, so don't be surprised if this changes on one or both the original systems.

You are correct, the keypad was slightly different, the 4 wires wired up in a slightly different order and the part set tone is different, gives a beep out when setting now. I'm not sure why the panel has reset but it has, the user code is back to 4321 and the delays are not set correctly. Does anyone have a link to a guide to for setting these features please?

Andy

engineers manual needed, old panel (20years is probably 00 to get into engineering) and 10 years old will use prog to get into engineering. manuals are slightly different if one is 00 and one is prog.

I'm guessing I should be able to find the manual online somewhere. Thanks for the help, will keep you updated how I get on tomorrow.

Andy

You should be looking for a pre 1980 manual, that's when there were changes made

I have a board in my office 1996 and that's a 00 panel thought it was around 1998 when the basic veritas went from 00 to prog.

But my history was never great.

If the panel has reset itself then I would advise replacing the panel and keypads with the same or upgrading. I have had a few of the old veritas panels do this when in armed/disarmed state.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back