Veritas R8 zone disablement?

Sponsored Links
Take a picture of the panel/ keypad showing the issue.
Take a picture inside the contact.

You need to establish if we are indeed getting a zone light and a tamper, or just a tamper.
We then need to establish if there are resistors in the contact
Then we can look at the programming to work out what can be done next.

This is a step wise approach to find the problem.
A picture of the keypad/panel will give us confidence on what your reporting as the fault, the lights will tell us what's going on.

The problem is what you are reporting doesn't quite add up.

if a device is activated it should do nothing when unset unless its a 24hr zone type, you have changed this allegedly for the zone in question zone 8, but you are still getting a 24hr zone response.

8F59CB26-9EBB-4093-8BD0-2C3D7A7B1B3A.jpeg

Attachments

• B127C1B7-0456-471F-8619-DC47078F9D92.jpeg
    B127C1B7-0456-471F-8619-DC47078F9D92.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 70
Cant upload video.

So... open garage door, the bell box strobe flashes and panel makes an audible noise but no zone indicates.

Enter code, panel stops but strobe continues to flash. Zone 8 is illuminated

Hit reset and zone light goes out and strobe stops

Sponsored Links
Enter Engineers code Prog 18.

What is displayed?

Need to know the number displayed to try and explain the issue.

should be a 3, if not 3 press 3 and press prog.

Yay! Programmed to chime now.

I want garage door contact and pir to set on a night time. Is that a part set program?

Decide on what detectors you want to work during part set and how you want them to work.

Post back here and I should be able to advise you on what needs to be done.

Normally I would suggest you have everything on guard when part set, except a PIR that is covering access to the toilet in a normal house this is usually the landing PIR.

The PIR that covers the keypad, usually the hallway on the main entrance route can be programmed to start the entry timer when you come down stairs and the door contact can be placed as guard.

I need the zone numbers and what you want them to do in full set and in part set to advise correctly.

The prob i have is my kids come home late sometimes and would no doubt set the alarm off!

I have one pir on the landing

Downstairs i habe two in the hallway, one in kitchen, lounge & dining room. No contact on the front door

Sorry but I cant help you if you don't tell me what I asked for.

Menu 51 is the part set menu, all devices you want to work must be illuminated at default 567 are off.

menu 21 all zones to be entry exit in part set must be illuminated in here
menu 22 all zones to be walk through in part set must be in here
menu 23 all zones to be guard in part set must be illuminated in here

as I don't know what zones are what numbers and how you want it to work in art set I cant advise beyond this at present.

I cant set the alarm if the kids are coming home late and they would wake me up if they came home and set the alarm.

Seems silly really.

Might as well only part set the garage pir and contact on a night time to deter intruders

| don't want to come across as rude, but I can't help you if you don't tell me how you want it to work for each zone in full set and part set.

But as you can't be bothered to answer the questions and tell me how you would like it to work, I am not a mind reader and can't even tell if what you want is possible until you answer on how you want each zone to work in full and part set.

| don't want to come across as rude, but I can't help you if you don't tell me how you want it to work for each zone in full set and part set.

But as you can't be bothered to answer the questions and tell me how you would like it to work, I am not a mind reader and can't even tell if what you want is possible until you answer on how you want each zone to work in full and part set.

I can figure it from here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back