Veritas R8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm decorating at the moment so need to open the pir's and unscrew from the wall.....to get at the old wallpaper behind it and put up the new.

I'm scared to undo the pir in case my alarm goes off and I cannot stop it.

Is it safe to unscrew it? Even if I can just disable it so it doesn't go off while I'm working around it I will be happy with that.

Does the detector just come off using a screwdriver in the hole underneath?

Sorry I have just moved in so it's all new to me. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi Sandy

I just unclipped the pir...the alarm went off....I put in only my code to silence it. Did my decorating. Put back on the cover...alarm went off.....put in my code and pressed reset. Job done! Thank goodness. Nowt to be scared about. Thanks for replying.

Sponsored Links
lucky, the reason why he asked about the engineers code is the panel can be made to require an engineers reset or anticode reset on a tamper condition.

in most cases as long as nothing is shorted, your user code would reset the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back