Vertical radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we r looking at replacing out quite old double panel type radiators with modern ones with fins. In couple of places (living room and hallway) I would like to put vertical radiators to make better use of space. We have conventional system with hot water tank.

Is it a good idea as in I don't know of the work well, if heating system pump has any effect in terms of capacity or any other issues?

Ta

Sponsored Links
if fitted properly your existing pump will be fine but they are very expensive compared to standard rads

You will be unimpressed with their heat output.

Don't be persuaded by the figures; most of the heat ends up next to the ceiling. God intended radiators to be horizontal for a reason.

Manufacturers love them because, at the moment, they can charge mugs more for the same thing up the other way.

Sponsored Links
There are some in silly colours by a firm called Geyser which seem cheaper than most other vertical rads!

Tony

There are some in silly colours by a firm called Geyser which seem cheaper than most other vertical rads!

Tony
Tony do you have nothing good to say about anyone
How do you think the company in question would respond to your assertion that their product is naff
For a man I consider to be clever and smart, you do have a habit of making some strange comments indeed

Not too sure Tony was dissing the company. Substitute jolly for silly, and you will get my line of thinking.

Of course, I could be totally wrong here....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back