vibration/hammering from new tap

S

sammoseley

Hi
fitted a bristan 'telephone' old-style bath/shower mixer, all was OK for first couple of days, now whenever the hot is turned on, I get very loud vibrations until you turn it off again, which you can avoid by turning it on really quickly. I am hoping this is something wrong with the tap rather than anything else, all other taps are fine connected to same pipework. I think i've seen this before when a stop c*ck was fitted the wrong way round ie. against the flow and made a similar noise.
any advice much appreciated, this is a continuous vibration which sound like it's gonna shake the pipes to peices rather than a single knock when something gets turned off.
PS it's mains pressure HW, off a combi boiler
cheers
Sam

Sponsored Links
Its just the jumper bouncing around a bit...can you strip the tap and fit a new washer? The old one will have hardened, I guess.
John :)

cheers john, yeah I can strip the tap, that should be easy cos it's an old-fashioned type. Brand new though but glad its that and not something more serious!
cheers
sam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back