Victim of Future Energy Collapse, now got useless smart meters...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Not sure this beloings in the plumbing forum, but it seemed like the best fit.

We were Future Energy customers before they folded last year. Shortly before the collapse, they fitted us with smart meters. Now I was never happy with the gas meter and how it didn't fit in the existing box, resulting in the lid being left unlocked and open (see photos).

IMG_6455.jpg IMG_6456.jpg IMG_6459.jpg

Now we have been moved over to a new supplier (Green Star Energy), I am wondering whether they are liable for rectifying the problem?

Also, the smart meters appear to be useless, as Green Star say they cannot read from them anyway?

What to do?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Looks to me like that pipework has be forced to fit, Jesus wept, little wonder the BBC's Watchdog are reporting so many issues. From my experience, forget the energy suppliers, all they do is pass the buck, find out who your 'Meter Asset Manager' is. They are supposed to be responsible for the meter and pipework after the ECV, to the meter I believe. Personally think that needs sorting out, and either the correct fittings or meter fitted to allow the lid to close, or the pipework to be altered to remove any strain on it.

E-ON refused to change mine as supply pipework etc wasn't to current standards (Meter fitter said). After being passed between E-ON, and several departments of National Grid, it was finally decided 'National Grid Metering' were my M.A.M., and so they agreed to come and sort things out. National Grid came out and said it was fine. So after a lot of phone calls on my part, I discovered National Grid Metering were my M.A.M., and they agreed to sort things out.

Guy duly turns up, says 'No, its still E-ON's responsibility', at which point I saw red. He felt a bit sheepish I think, and after a call to his manager, did the work.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back