Video's/pictures of you working to then be put onto social media?

When cycling through the streets of cities like London, you don't have to go far to see or be a victim of a driver who is committing multiple offences and potentially putting a cyclists life at risk.
The cyclicts are fed up with this and fighting back with the only thing they have that can be used, video evidence.

Sponsored Links
When cycling through the streets of cities like London, you don't have to go far to see or be a victim of a driver who is committing multiple offences and potentially putting a cyclists life at risk.
The cyclicts are fed up with this and fighting back with the only thing they have that can be used, video evidence.
I'm a cyclist myself and I mainly see cyclists committing offences and looking for confrontation.

Codswallop!
bull shi t
the only thing you have there is "shoving a camera in someones face" so can you please define what you mean by that?
Ok, I am going to break it in such small pieces that if you don't understand it, you seriously need to see a neurologist.
If I take a camera, point it at you and follow you despite you telling me not to, it is likely that you feel harassed, alarmed or distressed.
(If you don't, you're different from the average person and that's another matter)
So, I would be committing a public order offence.
Similarly, (it means "the same as") if i follow you around saying "good morning Sir", over and over again.
Now, if you don't get it, speak to your gp and ask to be referred to a neurologist, seriously, I'm not kidding.

Similarly, (it means "the same as") if i follow you around saying "good morning Sir", over and over again

good to see that Johnny has moved away from trying to convince people that it is an offence to use a camera in a public area.

Sponsored Links
Having re-watched that video, the only offenses I see are those from the van driver, instant aggression, assault, using offensive words.
As well as the offence of using a mobile phone while in charge of a vehicle, obstruction.

The cyclist did not shove his camera in the drivers face, he simply tapped on his window and then the driver started his aggressive behavior.

I think the comment on the video of "the driver pleaded guilty in court to both red light and the phone offences" says it all really, the police have obviously seen the video and used it.
Fined £110, costs £100 for the phone offense and £55 for the red light offense.

The driver too was under the misguided impression that ha cannot be filmed when on a public highway - seems he paid dearly for this.
How do we know that this driver has been convicted?
As far as we know, this cyclist is looking for fame and there's no evidence to suggest the fines and prosecutions are real.
Imo he's making it up so more people watch his antics and he makes more money.
Otherwise, why not go all the way and publish the court extract, or just the reference number so people can verify for themselves?
He's a fraud.

good to see that Johnny has moved away from trying to convince people that it is an offence to use a camera in a public area.
Show me where i said it stupid ape.
Ah, sorry.
Forgot you can't red more than 3 words at time.

Actually physically shoving a camera into someones face, so it makes contact - yes that may constitute an offence.
However the offence will not be one of photography, it will be one of assault.

Merely recording images of one, no matter how it is held is not unlawful.

How many time do you need to be told.
Photography is not a crime.
Correct

Johnny must be a policeman.

They havn't got a fekkin clue on the law either. :)

the same way as shoving a bible or a meat pie or a bicycle in someones face.
Fukin bolox....A camera records your image and can be posted anywhere...TRY that with a meat pie.You would go fuķin apesht if someone took your photo and stuck it on here.Stop talking crap.

I'm a cyclist myself and I mainly see cyclists committing offences and looking for confrontation.
Im a cyclist and see the opposite..I never look for confrontation with up to 40 tonnes of vehicle.

I agree

The cyclicts are fed up with this and fighting back w
I cycle very defensively and avoid all contact or near misses with pedestrians doggy walkers or vehicles..From my house I can never avoid some sort of interaction or abuse or poor driving incident from a vehicle driver usually within 5-10 minutes of leaving the house...If anyone needs convincing of how many idiot drivers there are, stand and watch any bit of busy road for 5 minutes.

Fukin bolox....A camera records your image and can be posted anywhere...TRY that with a meat pie.You would go fuķin apesht if someone took your photo and stuck it on here.Stop talking crap.
I'd go ****** if someone took my meat pie, but as far as my photo goes - if I'm out in public then they can take as many pics as they want.
I'll even take one back and pose for them as I have no fear of my soul being sucked into the lens... :)

Sponsored Links
Back