Viessmann combis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone fitting them on here? local stockists got a good deal on them said its got a 10 yr guarantee on main heat ex and from what ive read the efficiency of the voiler is 1st class any thoughts.

just looked at a job tonight bbu combi conversion and the customer asked about worcs greenstar or vaillant, i said as always they are the best IMO but prices usually higher. i recommended these as well but gave alternatioves as a veissman or a baxi duotec (5yr guarantee :) )

main ? was any thoughts on the veissman

Sponsored Links
On paper they seem a very good boiler. previous posts/replies on here have noted service back up probs and certain unreliabilty issues. Can't comment myself as never fitted one.

gas4you said:
On paper they seem a very good boiler. previous posts/replies on here have noted service back up probs and certain unreliabilty issues. Can't comment myself as never fitted one.

I was a bit of a doubter, but I am happy to say they have got their act together now with technical support on the phone. Ask if theres a rep in your area who can visit you. My local guy also carries parts so its nice to know that if you get stuck.

Either me or Croydoncorgi can give you help if you not sure about whether to go for it. I fitted one last month and there are a few pointers which will help you, but its pretty basic stuff and imho they well put together.

Was it PTS? They are the local merchants who carry them around here.

Sponsored Links
htgeng said:
gas4you said:

I was a bit of a doubter, but I am happy to say they have got their act together now with technical support on the phone. Ask if theres a rep in your area who can visit you. My local guy also carries parts so its nice to know that if you get stuck.

Either me or Croydoncorgi can give you help if you not sure about whether to go for it. I fitted one last month and there are a few pointers which will help you, but its pretty basic stuff and imho they well put together.

Was it PTS? They are the local merchants who carry them around here.

Plumbing trade supplies, we have a few darrrn sarf gawd blimey luvaduck apples and pears etc

so are they good then??

what about the atag?

corgiman said:
so are they good then??

what about the atag?

Yes. They plumb in ok. You have to be careful of venting the heat exchanger. I am somewhat spoilt with the Atags as they have an automatic venting setup with a naturally venting design on the HE. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

Atags are a very nice piece of kit. A bit bigger than most boilers which can be a problem, but it means they are so much easier to work on as everything is neatly laid out. I generally install them as I know I'm not going to get any callbacks on them. I wonder if Tony has ever been called to one?

htgeng said:
corgiman said:
so are they good then??

what about the atag?

Yes. They plumb in ok. You have to be careful of venting the heat exchanger. I am somewhat spoilt with the Atags as they have an automatic venting setup with a naturally venting design on the HE. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

Atags are a very nice piece of kit. A bit bigger than most boilers which can be a problem, but it means they are so much easier to work on as everything is neatly laid out. I generally install them as I know I'm not going to get any callbacks on them. I wonder if Tony has ever been called to one?

You probably dont get call back cos CORGI have sold the details of the lcient to an insurance company. ;)

I just despair of the quality of new boilers these days I really do

corgiman said:
You probably dont get call back cos CORGI have sold the details of the lcient to an insurance company. ;)

no, seriously! out of about 40 installed I only got 1 warranty callback due to a leaky prv in the boiler and I would hardly blame that on the boiler itself. No dodgy pcbs, leaking HEs. They give a 10 year warranty on the HE and now have 5 years on parts too.

htgeng said:
corgiman said:

no, seriously! out of about 40 installed I only got 1 warranty callback due to a leaky prv in the boiler and I would hardly blame that on the boiler itself. No dodgy pcbs, leaking HEs. They give a 10 year warranty on the HE and now have 5 years on parts too.

thats the tag is it?

Thats surrey for you. I'm working down near Guildford again next week. I notice that they know how to drink a bar dry down there :cool:

htgeng said:
Thats surrey for you. I'm working down near Guildford again next week. I notice that they know how to drink a bar dry down there :cool:

lol

the problem with drinking in guildford its full of twelve year olds who want to fight all the time

:)

I am too old for that shyte

corgiman said:

You haven't got a smoking jacket, pipe and slippers have you? lol. I never ventured into the centre of guildford at night except to sample the delights of KFC. Its got a very good greasy spoon near the railway arches on stoke road!

htgeng said:
corgiman said:

You haven't got a smoking jacket, pipe and slippers have you? lol. I never ventured into the centre of guildford at night except to sample the delights of KFC. Its got a very good greasy spoon near the railway arches on stoke road!

I know it well

they do a smashing brekkie with STEAK

cor blimey I may have to have one in the morning now before work
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back